D&D 5E Which of the big hardcover adventures have you run or played through?

Which 5E adventures have you run or played through?

• Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Rise of Tiamat

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Princes of the Apocalypse

• Out of the Abyss

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Curse of Strahd

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Dragon Heist

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Descent into Avernus

• Rime of the Frostmaiden

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Wild Beyond the Witchlight

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Call of the Netherdeep

Votes: 4 6.3%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ran CoS to completion with two groups. Ran the two Tyranny of Dragons adventures with two groups kinda... they were both running the adventures simultaneously and so both were working towards the conclusion but went separate directions-- thus most encounters and chapters from the two books got split up between both groups. I then filled in their respective campaigns with other modules and adventure bits as they went along.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Ran parts of Dungeon of the Mad Mage (was pretty uneven) and all of Princes of the Apocalypse.

I know they are not on your list played in some of the Tales from the Yawning Portal. Also ran a ones hot from the CandleKeep anthology and though it was decent.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Yep. Played Goodman's Keep on the Borderlands as well the ones I voted for above.

Made a poll for it...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Note: I am leaving out the anthologies as well as the starter sets, and the smaller stuff like Kwalish, just for simplicity. Assume that "played through" doesn't necessarily mean "completed" but should imply more than a couple sessions.
I pull out levels from Dungeon of the Mad Mage to use as individual dungeons around the world. Does that count?

Quickleaf

Legend
I ran Tomb of Annihilation completely.
I borrowed pieces of Out of the Abyss for a Night Below game.
I own but have not run Wild Beyond the Witchlight
I feel like I know big chunks of Curse of Strahd, because a close friend ran it 3 times for others and told me about it.

edosan

Adventurer
Dragon Heist is a terrible adventure but a really good adventure construction kit. All of its parts are great and yet the sum of those parts was a garbage fire.
It’s a setting guide, an adventure, and a book on urban campaigns but doesn’t do any of those terribly well. I really wish they had just made a book that was a Waterdeep gazetteer and a resource about how to do urban adventures with a few pages of plot hooks.

Remove ads