• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which popular TV sitcom family does your group most resemble?

Well?

• The Brady Bunch! (see below)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • The Cosby Show

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Roseanne

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • The Sopranos

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • OZ

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other (please share)

Votes: 20 19.8%

Zogg

First Post
I'm just wondering how everyone out there generally "gets along" within their groups. Here are further explanations of the poll selections above:

1)The Brady Bunch: OMG, we totally get along! Everyone is happy, like, 110% of the time. We always split treasure evenly and often pitch in to help our cleric get some essential healing scrolls. There's never any secrecy or betrayal, we always agree on what the party will do next, and we never have rules debates with the DM. At the end of every session we break out into song with "It's a Sunshine Day (Everybody's Smilin')"

2)The Cosby Show: We definitely get along, but we are a bit more practical and realistic than "The Brady Bunch". We almost always split treasure evenly and strive to work as a group at all times. Occasionally we have disagreements with each other or the DM but we try to use logic, reason and fairness to get through any rough spots. There are never any grudges. In worst case scenarios, problems can usually be resolved by breaking out some Jello Pudding and doing funny dances.

3)Roseanne: We may be loud, we may bicker a lot, and some of us may be a little on the trashy side, but we are still a family god-dammit! Treasure is usually split up evenly but sometimes we have PCs arguing over who gets what, etc. The DM is the boss but if a PC has an issue with something we may break for 5-15 minutes for them to hash it out. Occasionally people will hold grudges and/or stop speaking to each other for periods of time but we manage to stick together, through thick and thin, and we laugh a lot....so we must be doing something right.

4)The Sopranos: We are a "family" by blood, but there is always this edgy tension at the table. Notes are frequently passed, PCs will often be found whispering to each other, icy glares are exchanged, and sometimes people will just laugh out loud for no reason whatsoever. PCs have been known to put "hits" on other PCs or will kill them outright if they know they can get away with it. Any treasure a PC comes across is his - there is none of this "sharing" or "splitting" of treasure. There is a good deal of passive-agression used between PCs and the DM, and it always seems like someone's number is up.

5)OZ: We are not a family! We are a group of criminals that happen to occupy the same place at the same time. PCs only work together so that down the road they can betray each other and, eventually, kill each other. There are ever-changing factions and conspiracies taking place and any sense of game "rules" are thrown out the window. Dice are rolled behind cupped hands and cheating is frequently suspected. Our philosophy is 'trust no one', and you'd better pray your PC survives this session.

alsih2o

First Post
i hadn't seen a few of these shows ever, so i wasn't gonna vote. but reading your descriptions made it clear we are roseanna people, mostly just the first line :)

p.s. with the boef teaser out you might wanna add sex and the city :)

Last edited:

Beelzebub

First Post
My group definatly had a bit of the Simpsons in them.

The stupid (bald) barbie was very Homer like. Acid tounged sneak-thief? Definatly a Bart clone. The under-apreiciated, over acheiving Mage? Lisa. Our group's Marge was a frustrated cleric. And don't even get me started on Maggie!! Every group I've DMed has had a Maggie. The person who sits at the end of the table and says almost nothing for the entire session... THATS a Maggie.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Eye Tyrant said:
That 70's Show!

Yeah, that's pretty much my group too. Not everyone's always there, we raid the fridge for beer (though we don't have to sneak it), we're constantly teasing each other, wives and girlfriends are involved.
The one thing we haven't really done is smoke grass around the table.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads