• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which "Races of" sourcebook is best?

Which Races Series sourcebook is worth owning?

• Races of Destiny

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Races of Eberron

Votes: 114 40.1%
  • Races of Faerûn

Votes: 89 31.3%
  • Races of Stone

Votes: 134 47.2%
  • Races of the Dragon

Votes: 72 25.4%
  • Races of the Wild

Votes: 88 31.0%

• Poll closed .

Alceste

First Post
Races of Eberron was easily the best book, followed by races of stone(2nd)/wild(3rd). The rest of them I was not very impressed with.

JustaPlayer

First Post
Faerûn and Stone. The others suck big time.

IMO most of the new WotC books suck. I find myself passing over more stuf they put out than ever before.

drothgery

First Post
The only one I've got is Eberron, which definitely doesn't suck. Can't say about the others; most of my PCs are human, and even for those that aren't, Eberron non-human cultures aren't D&D standard non-human cultures. So I've skipped them.

zypherillius

First Post
Nifft said:
Races of Stone had the most stuff that I'd consider taking into my game.

The other books each had one or two things -- Races of Destiny's most excellent Chameleon class and Adaptive Learning feat, for example

dont forget about the Hooman or doppelganger feat called able learner...

I like Races of Eberron a lot.

I got it mainly for the shifter information, which is excellent.

However, the kalashtar write-up really impressed me. I finally "get" them. The book also made me a bit more interested in changelings.

Ironically, it made me even less interested in warforged. The whole idea of "upgrades" doesn't appeal to me, for some reason.

Gez

First Post
Races of Faerûn, despite the similar naming convention, cannot be considered part of the "Races of" series. Not the same presentation or gimmicks.

Stone and Eberron are probably the top of the crop. Then Wild, and finally Destiny.

Never looked at Dragon.

Ghendar

First Post
No idea which one is best but I'll tell you that Races of Destiny is by far, the worst. ugh! What a steaming pile, imo :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads