Which team will win Super Bowl LV?

Which team will win Super Bowl LV?

• Poll closed .

R_J_K75

Legend
Normally I'm not really into football. But by hanging out with people, seeing it at restaurants/bars, or just listening to the radio, I'm at least conscious of who's going to be in the Big Game. This thread was a reminder that football is still happening this year. COVID quarantine sucks. I can't even enjoy the simple pleasure of running errands during playoff games to avoid lines at the store.

So, I dunno, the Chefs?

It was a joke in 1997, but I'd be in support of formally renaming the team today.
There's a big push now for them to remove the Tomahawk Chop/Chant and rename the team. With the Redskins renaming the franchise, the Cleveland Indians renaming soon and them stopping use of their mascot logo Chief Wahoo, I can see KC rebranding. I'm sure the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks are next. I wonder how many people who are protesting Cleveland realize that the team was named after a Native American player on their team at the time as a tribute?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I hate the Bucs- Saints fan- but I want them to win. Not only would it be a victory on their home turf, it would also be the first time a QB has won it starting for a different team than his first. Kurt Warner almost did it, but his team came up just short.
You're forgetting Peyton Manning, who has rings with two different teams.

Speaking of Peyton in the Super Bowl, as a Saints fan you ought to know you weren't Brees' first team either.

There are a few other journeymen who eventually found defenses to carry them to Super Bowl win, including Trent Dilfer with Baltimore and Brad Johnson with, of course, the Bucs.

In any case, Brady is the worst, go KC

Rune

Once A Fool
Just imagine what Gronk is feeling right about now. :eek:

Tom Brady's long-time Patriots teammate Rob Gronkowski retired after winning the Super Bowl two years ago, then unretired for this season and joined Brady with the Buccaneers, only to now be be playing in another Super Bowl with him. :D

-G
Pretty sure that was the plan.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You're forgetting Peyton Manning, who has rings with two different teams.

Speaking of Peyton in the Super Bowl, as a Saints fan you ought to know you weren't Brees' first team either.

There are a few other journeymen who eventually found defenses to carry them to Super Bowl win, including Trent Dilfer with Baltimore and Brad Johnson with, of course, the Bucs.

In any case, Brady is the worst, go KC
One of my meatspace buddies reminded me of Peyton.

I had HOPED everyone else had forgotten like I did. Ah well...

Brees didn’t win any trophies with San Diego, though. S’allright, I still love watching him play.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
One of my meatspace buddies reminded me of Peyton.

I had HOPED everyone else had forgotten like I did. Ah well...

Brees didn’t win any trophies with San Diego, though. S’allright, I still love watching him play.
Ah, the wording was a little confusing there. Yeah, it's just Peyton with rings for different teams right now. Also, I fixed you previous post:
Kurt Warner almost did it, but the refs decided to let Bettis have a ring instead

Rune

Once A Fool
I dont see KC coming back at this point, but stranger things have happened.
It’ll take some serious leadership from Mahomes. It looks like the rest of his offense has kinda given up. And his last couple of plays (as of this post) were pretty desperate.

Remove ads