D&D 5E Which three classic settings do you hope for?

Which three settings do you want to see covered?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • Forgotten Realms (Faerun full treatment)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Expanded Forgotten Realms (Al Qadim, Kara Tur, Maztica, etc)

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Planescape

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Planescape/Spelljammer Hybrid

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Birthright

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Mystara

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other (Ghostwalk, Jakandor, Council of Wyrms, etc)

Votes: 6 4.8%

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Went with Dark Sun, an expanded take on Ravenloft, and a hybridized meta-setting featuring stuff from Planescape & Spelljammer.

DS and some form of meta-setting seem the most likely. I doubt they'll do both PS and SJ individually, they'll likely be merged together. Third is almost certainly going to be Groghawk.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Once again fully in the minority, my votes went to Mystara (polling just below mid-pack), Birthright (running third-last) and Other (running last).

I'd like to see Birthright as the centerpiece of a lower-magic knights-and-chivalry* expansion/direction, complete with proper stronghold rules, factions or competing-houses rules, etc.

My 'Other' vote: I wouldn't mind seeing a fully-fleshed-out version of a points-of-light style setting of which Nentir Vale would be merely a small example.

And Mystara, just because.

* - chivalry entirely optional - nobody says these knights have to be nice. :)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I'd love to see a more fully fleshed out Nentir Vale setting guide, I just don't think you could consider it a "classic" setting that would be discussed here.

More settings should try to make the Blood War actually interesting

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I voted for Greyhawk, Expanded Forgotten Realms (go Kara Tur!), and Dragonlance.

I would be happy if they did at least one of those three...

I know a lot of people want Dark Sun and Planescape, but I really never liked either of them. But, if they did both of those and one of my choices, I'd be happy with that.

Vael

Legend
I voted Dark Sun, Planescape and Spelljammer.

Dark Sun, for me, is definitely a slam dunk option. More Psionics, hopefully a full class, and several new races, plus a post-apocalyptic vibe, I feel like it's a different enough world from the other settings that have come out. This one I definitely want.

... As for Planescape and Spelljammer ... I want one, or maybe a fusion of them as a book on interplanar adventures. Given the increased integration with MTG (with more worlds getting setting books?), official support to run campaigns that can run on multiple planes seems like a great idea. I'll admit, I don't know much about the two settings.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I voted Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Greyhawk.

In addition (or instead of) I'd love an updated rethink and rework of, uncoupled from FR, Al Qadim. I'm not holding my breath waiting however.

While I voted for Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Planescape, I would've certainly included Greyhawk and Dragonlance had it been top five.

A full treatment of Faerun would be cool, don't get me wrong. But I'd be happy with more adventures set outside the Sword Coast. Send us to the Dalelands, the Great Rift, or Rashemen.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Nentir Vale is my top choice....if they let Mearls (ducks) do it
Planescape
Spelljammer (the novel I've drafted becomes spelljammer in book 2 and 3)

Remove ads