D&D 5E Which three classic settings do you hope for?

Which three settings do you want to see covered?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 54 43.5%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • Forgotten Realms (Faerun full treatment)

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Expanded Forgotten Realms (Al Qadim, Kara Tur, Maztica, etc)

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Planescape

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Planescape/Spelljammer Hybrid

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Birthright

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Mystara

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other (Ghostwalk, Jakandor, Council of Wyrms, etc)

Votes: 6 4.8%

Even though Forgotten Realms is the default setting now, I've been unhappy with their handling of it, so I would love if they would start staying more true to the lore, and we get a full Campaign Guide. This also means expanding it beyond the Sword Coast.

I also voted for Planescape, because, even though I am not too familiar with it, I love cosmology stuff.

oreofox

Explorer
My first reaction was yawn not that dead horse again.

I'd rather get something new. I haven't had time to explore Exandria, or Theros yet but a world that based on 5e rather like Eberron was built around 3.5 would be my preference.

That being said if we have to go old give Greyhawk, a Planescape/Spelljammer hybrid, or full FR coverage.

Personally I think Netheril is probably on the slate considering the end of RotF.

We are doing that dead horse again because WotC has basically said they are going to be bringing about 3 "classic settings". There's another thread on it. There's been about 5 "new" settings (I say "new" since at least 2 are MtG settings) already. The last "classic" setting was the very little bit of Ravenloft detailed in Curse of Strahd. I don't count Eberron as a classic setting since it's been in each edition since it has come out (which isn't a bad thing).

Dark Sun got some love in 4e, so I hope they don't do that again. As for me, I'd want Planescape (whether standalone or mashed with Spelljammer), Dragonlance (prefer War of the Lance era, as it jumped the shark with the Dragons of Summer Flame and the ensuing stupidity), and Anything but Dark Sun for a 3rd pick.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases