Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Tabletop Simulator

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 17.8%

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Long time FantasyGrounds user here. Started on Roll20 but did not care for it. Switched to FG and love it. It has its issues but it has some very powerful tools also.

As an aside: is there anyone developing a VTT to run on console as well as PC's?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Long time FantasyGrounds user here. Started on Roll20 but did not care for it. Switched to FG and love it. It has its issues but it has some very powerful tools also.

As an aside: is there anyone developing a VTT to run on console as well as PC's?
It never occurred to me that console VTT needed to be a thing, but I suppose lots of people would use it. I would be extremely annoyed if it wasn't cross platform capable though.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
It never occurred to me that console VTT needed to be a thing, but I suppose lots of people would use it. I would be extremely annoyed if it wasn't cross platform capable though.
It would not be much use if not cross platform but I have the possibility of joining a second group but not on FG because most of them do not have access to a PC. It occurred to me because most of them have access to a console or tablet. For a player that could be enough.
With D&D going mainstream it is a market to consider.

Thomas Shey

Legend
As I usually mention, Maptool and Discord. I don't need a VTT to do the mechanics for me, just to be able to support battlemaps and move tokens around (though I might sometimes use its dice roller, too). And I feel no need to be dependent on someone else's servers, which takes a lot of popular choices out of play right away.

Reynard

Legend
It would not be much use if not cross platform but I have the possibility of joining a second group but not on FG because most of them do not have access to a PC. It occurred to me because most of them have access to a console or tablet. For a player that could be enough.
With D&D going mainstream it is a market to consider.
Do consoles connect to the web easily? (I actual;ly own both a PS4 and a XB1 and I don't know because I use a PC most of the time). If so it seems like you could use Roll20 or Foundry, right?

Mostly Owlbear Rodeo. We did use Foundry for Forbidden Lands, though (and I have bought a few Foundry modules for Free League games to play around with, but didn't get to it so far).

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
When playing: roll20 (not by my choice)

When DMing: "something else", that being none. I won't DM a game unless I'm sitting at the same table as the players.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Do consoles connect to the web easily? (I actual;ly own both a PS4 and a XB1 and I don't know because I use a PC most of the time). If so it seems like you could use Roll20 or Foundry, right?
yes to the first part, and I think in principle the xbox at least could use a browser based VTT and you can attach a keyboard and mouse to an xbox as far as I know. While I have used browsers on the console I would not want to play D&D on a browser based VTT using the controller. I would much rather something with a control schema designed for a controller.

It was just a though, based on thinking of running a game with some people I know that do not have ready access to a PC and I do not want to run Roll20 and I am aware that Solasta can be run on the xbox.

Reynard

Legend
yes to the first part, and I think in principle the xbox at least could use a browser based VTT and you can attach a keyboard and mouse to an xbox as far as I know. While I have used browsers on the console I would not want to play D&D on a browser based VTT using the controller. I would much rather something with a control schema designed for a controller.

It was just a though, based on thinking of running a game with some people I know that do not have ready access to a PC and I do not want to run Roll20 and I am aware that Solasta can be run on the xbox.
I wonder if anyone has made a Roll20 or Foundry plug in to work with a controller.

Remove ads