• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Whinge about Pathfinder RPG availabilty

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Without getting too political, here's my take on why UK fans are having such a difficult time getting the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. Amazon.com and Amazon.ca purchase their books from our North American book distributor, Diamond Books. Diamond understands the demand for this product, and like most of our American hobby distributors they have put in significant orders on numerous occasions to ensure that their customers can easily get and restock this very popular book.

Amazon.co.uk, on the other hand, apparently must order our books from a UK hobby distributor, and the sad fact is that UK hobby distributors have not been very bullish on Pathfinder, so the country is consequently pretty starved for copies of the Core Rulebook.

I continue to work with our sales staff to come up with ways to encourage UK distributors to more robustly support Pathfinder, but the fact is it's their money, and they apparently feel they have better ways to spend it.

Here's hoping that continued demand and strong sales encourage them to invest more heavily in the Core Rulebook. We'll definitely keep thinking of ways to encourage it on our end.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

Hi Erik,

Many thanks for dropping by tothis thread again :)

Your explanation doesn't make it any less frustrating but at least now I understand where the problem is!

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I know how frustrating it can be for books to arrive.

Well the wait is over! My book arrived from Infinity Games today and it looks like I'm on a roll as Amazon have just emailoed me to tell me that my GM Screen has just been mailed to me!!! :)

Now I just have to get through my PhD viva tomorrow and I'll be free to read it . . .

Pyoor

First Post
I find it hard to believe too... but not surprising. Amazon's an ENORMOUS company after all, and in the grand scheme of things Pathfinder's still a pretty tiny blip on their radar. We're working on increasing that blip, of course!

I originally ordered my copy through Amazon at the beginning of September and it arrived last week.

Amazon has been very good at updating their backorder information. The ship date was passed twice and both times they updated the information within one day.

My problem is with the holidays approaching, I don't have time to read it!:)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I originally ordered my copy through Amazon at the beginning of September and it arrived last week.

Amazon has been very good at updating their backorder information. The ship date was passed twice and both times they updated the information within one day.

My problem is with the holidays approaching, I don't have time to read it!:)
Just to spoil the surprise ending - it was the butler and Mr. Higgens from the museum, wearing a mask.

The Auld Grump

Remove ads