Whirlwind Attack and 5-foot step

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Creeperman said:
That's why you take nine levels of Weapon Master (Sword & Fist) for Ki Whirlwind.

As written, it wouldn't work with Spring Attack for the same reason Manyshot doesn't work with Shot on the Run: Ki Whirlwind is a standard action, not the attack action. Spring Attack requires you to use the attack action.

-Hyp.

Tarynt Essrog

Villager
It's one attack (just many dice rolls)...
Without taking a side on the larger issue of the five foot step, I have to point out that that is the opposite of what the text says. (1 attack/opponents) x (N opponents) = N attacks. There is no room for interpretation on that piece of the equation.

Tarynt Essrog

Villager
Yes, but I would also read that as within reach at the time you decide to use the feat not those within reach now plus those within reach after I take a 5ft step.
You know, I also would have interpreted it that way too, until someone who knows the rules better than me quoted that you can explicitly take a five foot step during a full action or full attack as well as before or after. So I guess I am taking a side on this unless there is qualifier that says two attacks from a regular full attack action can't be separated by a step or that puts the attacks from a whirlwind in a seperate catagory than other attacks (regardless of the action qualifier).

Tarynt Essrog

Villager
Yeah, It's old, but it's also the top result from a google search on the question. Which means in my group, and I suspect many others, the conclusion settled on here has been ruling the day for 15 years. So that makes it relevant.

CapnZapp

Legend
Without taking a side on the larger issue of the five foot step, I have to point out that that is the opposite of what the text says. (1 attack/opponents) x (N opponents) = N attacks. There is no room for interpretation on that piece of the equation.
star-wars-learner.jpg

Remove ads