• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Acad. Revisited, OOC02

KerlanRayne

Explorer
I think you can't choose two spellcasting classes though (so no super CoDzillas, with a cleric//druid ;))
Sure you can. You can't choose combo prestige classes though, like Mystic Theurge. A Cleric//Druid would have a lot of spells, but still only have so many actions available to use them.

Leif

Adventurer
Sure you can. You can't choose combo prestige classes though, like Mystic Theurge. A Cleric//Druid would have a lot of spells, but still only have so many actions available to use them.
What? I thought that a Cleric/Wizard could qualify for Mystic Theurge. How does that work again, exactly? Never mind! Is this what you meant:

"A gestalt character can’t combine two prestige classes at any level, although it’s okay to combine a prestige class and a regular class. Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations-such as the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight-should be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes, because they unduly complicate the game balance of what’s already a high-powered variant. Because it’s possible for gestalt characters to qualify for prestige classes earlier than normal, the game master is entirely justified in toughening the prerequisites of a prestige class so it’s available only after 5th level, even for gestalt characters." - quoth SRD

SRD says you can't combine two versions of the same class, so that would be, like, an Evoker and an Illusionist, right?

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
SRD says you can't combine two versions of the same class, so that would be, like, an Evoker and an Illusionist, right?
Exactly.

Also, some people allow dual progression classes like Mystic Theurge and Arcane Heirophant, but they take up both sides of the gestalt. That way you boost both classes and still get some special abilities from the PrC.

I have never played gestalt, but I think it would be cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads