• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio watches the keys dissappear from his hands to kerlan's and then comes to is senses. "oh, yeah. more doors. as he follows kerlan, he stops at the well and takes on last look down the depths. Hey guys, what if this well was the passage to the underground underdark?"

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for my lack of posting today, computer issues at work kept me totally offline. Hopefully, they'll be resolved at least by next week.

IC: Kerlan, presumably followed by the others, enters the door to the north. Inside he finds the goblin mage's quarters. In the room are an old mattress, a table and chair, and an old-looking chest. On the table is a sheet of parchment.

Leif

Adventurer
The chest is conveniently unlocked. It contains traveling gear sized for dwarves. The writing on the page on the table is in the goblin tongue. Does Kerlan know goblin? Also, while rummaging around Kerlan notices an iron strongbox that he hadn't noticed before, Opening it, he finds 45 pieces of platinum.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan takes the gear out and holds it up. "Korbin, Torbin, I think I have found your belongings. Here, take it." After the dwarves have taken their things Kerlan holds up the sheet of paper. "Does anyone know how to read this?"

OOC: As Leif said, the message is in Goblin.

Scott DeWar

After every one passes Capizzio whilde he stares down the well, wondering if that is an access to any underground passages, he grows tired of just standing there and proceds ro where Keerlan is. " May I ?" he asks as he looks at the writing.

decipher Script: +4

]ooc[I have to let you do that Leif. if it is a bad enough roll, i could totally misunderstand it. i don't even know if i could take a ten. I would if i could.]/ooc[

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: No taking 10 on Decipher Script rolls, that would kinda defeat the purpose of the 'misunderstanding rule.'

Hmm, Capizzio got an 11. capizzio's decipher script check for goblin wench's letter (1d20+4=11) Doesn't seem really good enough, but I'm gonna tell you what the letter says anyway. It reads:

"Kersux,

We have been discovered. If we are to crush the humans, we must do it soon. The Crushed Skull Orcs are mighty, and the humans are no match for what you face every day in the Underdark. We are willing to split the plunder seven gold for you, three for us. Do you accept? Please decide soon.

Uela"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

never the less, you get to make that roll secretly then. let me know the results and tonight i will make an IC post of it.

Leif

Adventurer
What?? I just told you what the letter says, and the check results, too, in my very last post. Capizzio successfully determined the message's text. ;)

Scott DeWar

Kerl, It reads:

"Kersux,

We have been discovered. If we are to crush the humans, we must do it soon. The Crushed Skull Orcs are mighty, and the humans are no match for what you face every day in the Underdark. We are willing to split the plunder seven gold for you, three for us. Do you accept? Please decide soon.

Uela"

"That does not sound good at all. We may need help."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads