• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan is surprised by the turn of events. "I'll be right back." He chases after Crus, sitting down with him at the table. "Sir, you don't understand. We don't want you to fight anything. The second door is about 50 feet from the first one. We already took care of what was down there. The Arcane Locked door appears to be another tomb. We just want to see what's inside." Kerlan pulls out the note they found and shows it to him. "Here, look at this. We found this note down there. I think it's connected to the door. We just want you to take a look at it and then give us advice on keeping the other door secured. You don't have to fight. I promise."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*click* and the re-un-locked lock is re-re-locked. Cappizzio shrugs and returns to upstairs in his quest for wine and glasses

renau1g

First Post
Xavier chuckles to himself at the words of the Magus and will join Capizzio in the search for a glass of wine, content that even if Kerlan cannot convince the esteemed mage to cast the spell for us, the consolation prize is an additional spell for his growing tome.

Leif

Adventurer
Magus Crus

Kerlan is surprised by the turn of events. "I'll be right back." He chases after Crus, sitting down with him at the table. "Sir, you don't understand. We don't want you to fight anything. The second door is about 50 feet from the first one. We already took care of what was down there. The Arcane Locked door appears to be another tomb. We just want to see what's inside." Kerlan pulls out the note they found and shows it to him. "Here, look at this. We found this note down there. I think it's connected to the door. We just want you to take a look at it and then give us advice on keeping the other door secured. You don't have to fight. I promise."
" 'We don't want you to fight anything,' he says. Sheesh, it's not as if you're asking me to walk around the corner in Pembrose, you're asking me to go into a dungeon where fell and foul creatures of all sorts are known to lurk about. Truly, you do not even know whether some new threat has slithered into your 'safe' dungeon in the short time since you left there! I have more experience with these matters than you, Kerlan, and I am telling you that this is indubitably true, even for those passages that do not have a direct connection to the Underdark, for there are many creatures loose down there that can burrow or dig with great speed and alacrity, and there are even those who to not need to dig at all in order to pass into another tunnel. So, no. My answer is 'no,' and will remain, 'no,' so you're just wasting your breath and time and interrupting what was a very enjoyable meal for me. Now..... {The Magus pauses to reflect, to swallow a spoonful of soup, and to take a bite from a roll} ....we can discuss my providing for you a spell to accomplish your purpose. That I can and will do from the safety of my room here at the Lonesome Drake. All that remains is for us to come to an agreement regarding the value of the exchange, and then to do the actual scribing."

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan's shoulder's slump, noticeably disappointed. "I understand. I'm sorry about all the fuss. Could you look over the note while I get the others back up here? There is a map on the back as well. When we return we can discuss matters." Kerlan hands over the note and then heads off to retrieve the others.

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Please forgive my over zealous cohorts. I'm sure they were only eager to impress you with their show and tell. We would not presume to drag you from your retirement. A simple scribing is all we really need. Perhaps it would be best if we learned not only a spell for opening the door, but one for resealing both doors once we have finished our exploration."

Leif

Adventurer
Magus Crus

The Magus motions Tylara to silence, simply pointing to his soup bowl. He continues dining, and the wizards all gradually drift into the room, there being so little else of interest anywhere else at the moment. Kerlan is especially amazed at how long Magus Crus can take to eat just one bowl of soup, but he suffers in silence for the moment(s). Then, FINALLY, Magus Crus is sufficiently fed and able to spare some attention to your difficulty.

"Ahh, much better," says Magus Crus leading the way up to his room in the Lonesome Drake. You arrive and Magus Crus takes a seat at the table in the sitting room of his suite. (Suite? You didn't know that the Lonsome Drake had suites!) Magus Crus lifts two heavy tomes onto the table. "The spells that immediately come to mind are Knock and Dispel Magic would either or both of these suit your purposes?"

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Magus Crus lifts two heavy tomes onto the table. "The spells that immediately come to mind are Knock and Dispel Magic would either or both of these suit your purposes?"
"I believe that Knock would be more effective than Dispel Magic. I think we might not be powerful enough to Dispel it. The five of us don't have either of those spells. Fran do you have one of them in your spellbook?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*thunk thunk thunk* the door rattles from a disturbence on the other side of the door and cappizzio's voice is heard," hey guys, can someone open the door? my hands are full"

when the door is opened there is Cappizzio with a tray of 7 glasses and two bottle of wine, apperently chilled , in a sack on his sholder.

*POP* a cork is realeased on the first one as he speak, handing oout glasses of win to each person in the room as he does so, " ya know the opposeng energies lock the door when caast correctly, Arcane lock I believe it is called. otherwise, remove the door and replace it with stone aand cap it with iron?" he pours himself a glass and raises it in a salute to all present, the drinks it..

He then notices with a look of dissappointment at the fact that there is only enough wine for one more glass left int he second bottle. he finishes his glass and pours the last of the second bottle.

Lou

Explorer
Francheska shakes her head at Kerlan's question. "No, my spellbook is mostly fire and lightning evocations."

Francheska takes a glass of wine from Capizzio and sips from it as spells are discussed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads