D&D 5E Whispers of the Dark Daeva, a Parsantium adventure for 5e - playtesters wanted

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi there,

Two years ago I wrote and published Parsantium: City at the Crossroads, a city sourcebook for all editions of D&D and Pathfinder. Parsantium is a melting pot, a cosmopolitan city where trade routes meet and where great cultures collide. Inspired by Byzantium with its rich Greco-Roman heritage, Parsantium incorporates characters, monsters and magic from the Tales of the Arabian Nights, ancient India, and the Far East alongside more traditional European fantasy elements. The sourcebook was published in 2014 and drew great reviews from Endzeitgeist and others.

Now I'm following this up with a new Parsantium adventure for 1st level characters called Whispers of the Dark Daeva. The adventure will be published by Ondine Publishing in both Pathfinder and 5e OGL editions, with cover art by Joe Shawcross and interior art by Matt Morrow.

As the boat town of Flotsam gets ready to celebrate the Festival of Flowers, a series of violent deaths threatens to spoil the upcoming festivities. When the PCs delve into what’s been going on, they uncover an ancient evil lurking in the Hidden Quarter below the city streets that must be stopped before more innocents die…

I've been busy this Easter working on converting the adventure from Pathfinder to 5e. This has involved rebuilding most of the NPC and monster adversaries from scratch and also remembering which skills exist in both editions, which have different names, and which need replacing with an ability check! The first draft is done - the next stage will be incorporating learnings and feedback on the story structure and roleplaying encounters from the Pathfinder playtesting.

Last Monday I ran a Pathfinder playtest session for our Monday night group which was very useful, and gave me plenty to think about in terms of making the adventure more enjoyable. We got through about half the adventure in a single 2.5 hour session, so should finish it next time we meet in April. I also had some very useful feedback from veteran GM Paul Baalham on the scenario, and am eagerly awaiting playtest reports from several other groups.

Once this is all in I'll revise incorporate the relevant feedback into both versions of the adventure and get a revised 5e draft ready for playtesting. If you're interested in running the 5e version in late April/May for your gaming group and giving me playtest feedback, please email me at parsantium@gmail.com

I'm very excited about how this first Parsantium adventure is shaping up and am looking forward to seeing it out there in the next few months :)

Cheers

Rich

Remove ads