D&D 5E Who Are the Thri-Kreen?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I saw the map but didnt know that there were Dark Sun monsters in the Spelljammer bestiary. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Im not opposed to a portion of the adventure being set on Athas but it seems a little strange to me as that worlds material plane/crystal sphere was always extremely isolated from the other campaign settings. But its been so long I forgot the particulars on how to get to and from Athas, but I remember it not being easy.
If you think about.it, a nearly.impoasivle to reach desert isl...planet, I mean planet...is a perfect destination for a MacGuffin hunt for some sort of space treasure.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I saw the map but didnt know that there were Dark Sun monsters in the Spelljammer bestiary. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Im not opposed to a portion of the adventure being set on Athas but it seems a little strange to me as that worlds material plane/crystal sphere was always extremely isolated from the other campaign settings. But its been so long I forgot the particulars on how to get to and from Athas, but I remember it not being easy.
Yeah, that would seem to be a sign of whatever changes they may be making to the setting for 5e. I’ve been onboard with the 5e updates of other settings so far, but this one has sent up red flags for me. Hopefully I’m just over-reacting.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah, that would seem to be a sign of whatever changes they may be making to the setting for 5e. I’ve been onboard with the 5e updates of other settings so far, but this one has sent up red flags for me. Hopefully I’m just over-reacting.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this, but whatever I don't like I can modify or just ignore.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
If you think about.it, a nearly.impoasivle to reach desert isl...planet, I mean planet...is a perfect destination for a MacGuffin hunt for some sort of space treasure.
A science-fantasy property spending way too much time focused on a single desert planet?

I'm sure there's an example somewhere, but I just can't think of it what it would be.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Finally started watching this, what the heck is a THRIGH-KEEN?

Colorado Avalanche Hockey GIF by UCHealth

The vrusks from Star Frontiers were two arms and six legs. The thri-keen are two legs and four arms.

vrusk-214x300.jpg

I wonder if the thri-keens are well-balanced or overpowered with the four arms. They can carry an one-hand weapon, a two-hand weapon and a shield.

And with the four arms they can't wear most of shirts, breastplate and other clothing for chests by two-armed humanoids.

Some times I imagine the Spelljammer races lineages as action-figures in the toy-shop within boxes with a retro 80's style look.

* Can thri-kreens be cursed by werevernims?

The vrusks from Star Frontiers were two arms and six legs. The thri-keen are two legs and four arms.

vrusk-214x300.jpg

I wonder if the thri-keens are well-balanced or overpowered with the four arms. They can carry an one-hand weapon, a two-hand weapon and a shield.

And with the four arms they can't wear most of shirts, breastplate and other clothing for chests by two-armed humanoids.

Some times I imagine the Spelljammer races lineages as action-figures in the toy-shop within boxes with a retro 80's style look.

* Can thri-kreens be cursed by werevernims?
After seeing this d20Future pic of the Vrusk, I am glad that WoTC decided to go with the Thri-Kreen. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases