D&D 3E/3.5 Who created the Sorcerer?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
In the last thread -that it seems has run its course- came up the issue of sorcerers being a bit old in fact. Also that all of us can quickly point out which designers had too much favoritism for the wizard -Monte?- if not outright disdain for Sorcerer -Williams?-. Yet nobody seems to remember who in fact designed the sorcerer. I looked in the net, but overall came up empty. Does anybody know who designed the sorcerer? Or have some useful links to the behind the scenes history that led to it being created and incorporated into the game?

Zardnaar

Legend
Designers of 3E, I could go dig out Dragon magazine which previewed the class.

Conceptually you could kinda play one in 1996's Spells and Magic book which has a spell point Wizard in 2E.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Also that all of us can quickly point out which designers had too much favoritism for the wizard
I can't think of any one major D&D designer having much more favoritism for the wizard than the others...

(I agree with your, possibly unintentional, implication that such favoritism was universal, just not always excessive, too). ;)

Weiley31

Legend
Technically their Blood(line). It is the Memory of Blood that awakens the latent chaotic talent within the Sorcerer and lets them manipulate the Weave in a unique phenomenon compared to Wizards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases