• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Here is Getting Dragon Roots?

Raven Crowking

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
The page count is 70 pages, perfect bound. I intend each issue to be about the same or more.

Which is actually, if you think about it, a pretty solid length, especially for a magazine that is mostly content. I'm not sure how much ad space (if any) DM-Rocco sold for the #0 issue, but that seems pretty solid to me.

Of course, I'm biased, as I intend to be a frequent contributor. ;)

RC

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Actually, the 70 page count is surprisingly more then I expected.

Count me as on the fence. That being said, perhaps Rocco should consider a lower price for the PDF of the premier issue if nothing else... I'm not sure if I'd pay $8 an issue even with 70 pages of content for the PDF, but if I could sample the quality for $4 or $5 I'd have the knowledge to make that decision an educated one for myself. Print and / or PDF if I see what I like and how much I like it.

In any case I do wish you the best of luck with it. Somehow I missed out on any and all leading up to the release.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Which is actually, if you think about it, a pretty solid length, especially for a magazine that is mostly content. I'm not sure how much ad space (if any) DM-Rocco sold for the #0 issue, but that seems pretty solid to me.

Of course, I'm biased, as I intend to be a frequent contributor. ;)

RC
I can answer that.

There is one full page ad in 70 pages, so 69 pages of content. The full page ad is for Kobold Quarterly in thanks for Wolfgang's help in getting me started.

For reference, some issues of Dragon Magazine had about 100 pages but had about 30 pages of ads. So, you are getting about the same content as a Dragon Magazine.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I dunno. I'll take a look at the first issue, but the thing that worries me is most gaming magazines like this die a quick and agonizing death. If its around a year from now I may take the plunge. It takes time for a periodical like this to mature. Hopefully this lasts longer than Gaming Frontiers and some of the others.

EDIT: Not trying to dump on the creators or anything like that. Best of luck to you with this!

Treebore

First Post
Looks like a good product and I love the cover, unfortunately the content looks like stuff someone who has been doing RPG's for 20+ years doesn't need to read yet again. If you do a "introductory" priced PDF for me to see otherwise with, let me know.

Still, I wish you excellent success with this.

Raven Crowking

First Post
My EN World Gamers are still the best 3.x magazines I own. As a value, use per page-wise, they were a real deal over Dragon. I wish that magazine never died, and I am happy that I own all the issues.

I expect that Dragon Roots will be different, but just as good.

RC

Remove ads