D&D 5E Who is Matthew Colville?

darjr

I crit!
There was a time when I had like, I dunno, 10,000? 30,000? posts ON THIS FORUM! But then they wiped the database.

It couldn’t contain all that awesome! Working on it! I was going to take the site down last night and work on it but noooo you went and did this thing and lit up all the dashboards. I can’t turn it off now!

Wales?
That's the west coast of my little island...
And yes they do sound weird there...
Keep going west across the ocean. And then even further west! But yeah, Welsh is a very interesting language. I don't know who made the joke first, but they said "anyone can speak fluent Welsh if they fill their mouth full of marbles." :p

smbakeresq

Explorer
Actually I think Fields of Blood is vastly underrated. I converted most of it to 5e already, to use in greyhawk after the kids and I finish the Age of Worms conversion.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Keep going west across the ocean. And then even further west! But yeah, Welsh is a very interesting language. I don't know who made the joke first, but they said "anyone can speak fluent Welsh if they fill their mouth full of marbles." :p

Welsh, where words have 15 consonants and 1 vowel.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
From kickstarter:
"Hey everybody! My name's Matt Colville I'm a writer and designer in the video game business and before that I was a designer in the tabletop business!

I’m the author of the official Critical Role comic, I was the lead writer on Evolve, I was the lead writer AND a designer on Mercenaries, but before ALL THAT I was a designer in the tabletop business.

I was a designer on the original Dune CCG and the RPG. I worked on the Star Trek RPG, I did the starship combat rules for this one, and I worked on several third party books for 3rd edition, I wrote a whole monster book! And I designed mass-combat and nation building rules set for 3rd edition. I designed the official Knights of the Dinner Table card game, and the Red Alert! Star Trek starship combat game, those were both tons of fun.

I've also got a successful YouTube channel where we talk about running the game!"

Can't find any D&D designs he's done, but obviously a very talented and experienced designer. But I'll wait until the rules are reviewed before I'd buy - I'm not sure how much play testing etc will go into them.
They have been played through several editions. He's updated them for his own use for 3, 4, and now 5. And one of the backer levels gets you a playtest pdf version.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads