• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is the worst villain in D&D?

Which of these is the worst villain?

• Lord Soth (Dragonlance)

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • Count Strahd von Zarovich (Ravenloft)

Votes: 44 23.5%
  • King Azalin (Ravenloft)

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Tisan Balshareska (Al Qadim)

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Manshoon (Forgotten Realms)

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Fzoul Chembryl (Forgotten Realms)

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Szass Tam (Forgotten Realms)

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • Sammaster First Speaker (Forgotten Realms)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Nibenay (Dark Sun)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dregoth (Dark Sun)

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Iuz (Greyhawk)

Votes: 40 21.4%
  • Rary the Traitor (Greyhawk)

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Vecna (Greyhawk & Ravenloft)

Votes: 52 27.8%
  • Gorgon (Birthright)

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Orcus/Tenebrous (Planescape)

Votes: 59 31.6%

Brakkart

First Post
Worst meaning, the most evil villain (not the most incompetant, though that might make for a fun poll also). I think I've included a pretty wide spread of villains from the various D&D worls (apologies if I missed your favourite off the list).

Brakkart

First Post
Try now. Sorry took a while picking those to go in it.

Ohh and as some explanation for my choices, wanted to use the bigger names and individuals rather than organisations. Also with the obvious exceptions of Iuz and Vecna, I stayed away from using Gods (though Dregoth wants to become one, and Tisan is so frightfully powerful she might as well be one).

Last edited:

I voted for Nibenay, but from FR, Gromph makes a good villain, and from Eberron, there are plenty to choose from. My favorite is the Lord of Blades, but I haven't read enough about him to know if he's truly competent.

Brakkart

First Post
I have not read much about the drow in the Realms, so not in a position to know who is and isn't a good villain under the surface. Yeah I should have included at least one from Eberron I guess, but I don't collect that setting (my money goes on the Realms, Freeport, Spycraft and Ravenloft, so can't afford another setting).

Brakkart

First Post
Richards said:
I'm surprised "Lorraine Williams" isn't a choice. :)

Johnathan

Heh could do a whole other poll on that under the topic "The People vs The worst criminals in the history of roleplaying games!". List each defendant along with their "crime", such as:

Lorraine Williams - Too numerous to mention!
Roger E. Moore - Restoring the staus quo in Greyhawk. Inventing the Giant Space Hamster!
Whoever invented the Flumph - Inventing The Flumph!!
Peter Adkison - Selling WotC to Hasbro.

etc etc.

Last edited:

bastrak

First Post
I voted Iuz but given the choice I'd have gone for Eclavdra Eilservs from G3, D3, WGR5 and last seen in the Epic Level Handbook. She has had a lengthy career as a villain in Greyhawk. Highlights including the setting up of the Slave Lords from A1-4 and the Giant invasion of Sterich in G1-3.

The Shaman

First Post
No poll option for those of us who don't own every D&D product ever published? Something along the lines of, "I have no idea who three-quarters of these characters are?"

Remove ads