• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Ouch. I make the OPs current score for this thead to be a desperately disappointing minus eighty two. In a thead that's now 221 posts long, you really need to be scoring more than that.

You had a good (+48) run through the fourth and fifth pages (asssuming 30 posts per page), but you spent very heavily to get the thread going, and you need to always remember your break even point. On a 30 post page, five posts will break even (25 scoring posts at +1 each, 5 costing posts at -5 each) so you need to be making four posts or less on each page in order to be accumulating a score. I do fear that perhaps this thread's opening theme, clever as it is, just doesn't have the "ignite and retire combustibility" required to build a truly big total.

But I wouldn't be downhearted about it. It's a really good attempt in an arena (ENWorld) notorious for a being a low-scoring place that's hard to play in.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Jonny Nexus said:
But I wouldn't be downhearted about it. It's a really good attempt in an arena (ENWorld) notorious for a being a low-scoring place that's hard to play in.
Perhaps in the second edition of the game, you can add in a difficulty multiplier to compensate for different sites.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
s.j. bagley said:
the only thing reading this thread has accomplished, is that it's made me pretty damn glad that i game with the people i do, because it could be a hell of a lot worse.
Its been an amusing, if at times painful read to get all the way through this thread. But, now that I'm here please just let me just add QFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads