• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who would like to be EN World's official WotC correspondent? [Paid Job]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We need someone to concentrate on WotC news, info, and so on. I'm looking for someone who would represent EN World - write regular news updates about WotC, as well as conduct interviews with them, maintain a relationship with them, cover release schedules and the like, and so on. This would cover the whole D&D brand, not just the RPG.

It's quite a committment, and it's a paid job (not a very well paid job, admittedly, but it's paid nonetheless - basically a bit of change each month - enough to buy yourself an RPG book or two). Because it's paid, there are editorial expectations in terms of quality and quantity.

Ideally, I'd like to see some evidence of prior work (although that's not an absolute requirement); and the person in question should be a regular attendee of Gen Con and DDXP if possible, since they'd be covering seminars, panels, holding interviews, etc.

If you're interested, post here with as much info as you can (and links if possible). Make your post read like a competent writer in the English language, though, please - consider your post here your initial application. I hope to choose someone next week.

I'd think Mudbunny would be a good candidate for the position. He is a volunteer on the WotC forums and really has his finger on the pulse of what's happening at WotC, as well as on their forums.

I don't know if you'd consider his volunteer, but official, position an issue in terms of conflict of interest, but if not, I'd be confident that he'd do a good job.

He also posts here as Mudbunny if you want to send him a PM (or to send him one on the WotC forums).

EDIT: If he's not your man for the job, he might be someone you could tap for a recommendation.

Last edited:

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I'd think Mudbunny would be a good candidate for the position. He is a volunteer on the WotC forums and really has his finger on the pulse of what's happening at WotC, as well as on their forums.

I don't know if you'd consider his volunteer, but official, position an issue in terms of conflict of interest, but if not, I'd be confident that he'd do a good job.

He also posts here as Mudbunny if you want to send him a PM (or to send him one on the WotC forums).

EDIT: If he's not your man for the job, he might be someone you could tap for a recommendation.

Thanks for the thoughts Aberzanzorax, but the chances of me ever getting to GenCon or DDXP at all is extremely slim. I would, however, be more than willing to poke some people who I have an idea that they might be interested, if you don't mind [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION].

WolfStar76

Explorer
Argh and blast ye with that finger!

Hmmm, this definitely bears some consideration, as I already have the contacts. I'm also part of Baldman Games which runs DDXP and the RPGA stuff at GenCon. . .

[edit to add]
The hard part, for me, would be hitting seminars and panels at GenCon, since I'm usually working for Baldman Games at that time - though even that isn't an insurmountable obstacle, I'd just need to clear it with Dave to put myself on a more or less "floating" schedule at RPGA HQ.

Consider me interested - with a nice, clean "application" coming in the next day or so.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Paizo Correspondent position has been filled; this one hasn't yet.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
C'mon, guys! Somebody out there must want to be paid to talk to their favourite game designers. There's only one application above (AsmodeusLore) and he's not answering my PMs, and a promise of one which never materialised, so the position is still wide open.

Even if you can't meet all the requirements, feel free to apply anyway. Your other qualities may well impress!

Last edited:

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Has this been posted on the WotC forums?

If so, great...if not, maybe that'd be good?

I have been poking people onthe WOtC forums that I know are good writers.

In addition, I have poked the CM guys to see if it is permitted for me to post this over there. If it was just for someone to write things, I wouldn't be worried. But seeing as how it is a paid position, I want to make sure that me posting it there won't get me (or Morrus, or the person who eventually gets the job) in trouble or causes hard feelings.

nedjer

Adventurer
I have been poking people onthe WOtC forums that I know are good writers.

In addition, I have poked the CM guys to see if it is permitted for me to post this over there. If it was just for someone to write things, I wouldn't be worried. But seeing as how it is a paid position, I want to make sure that me posting it there won't get me (or Morrus, or the person who eventually gets the job) in trouble or causes hard feelings.

Surely to goodness Morrus has a bunch of dudes lined-up - some of whom are at least notionally 'independent'. Not a pop at you or WoTC, but it's a hot issue in the UK where brand massagers are involved in THIS. If 'this' is supported and spreads no one will be able to do any reviews without being sued by the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads