• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's getting the freebies from RPGNow?

SiderisAnon

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
StrikeForce: 2136 Tech Manual ends up as a 0kb file (called techbook.pdf or something like that.)
I received a response from Customer Service about this product:
Jeff Montgomery said:
Yes, the publisher apparently uploaded a corrupt file and we are awaiting a response from them and have de-activated the product until we do hear back from them. Unfortunately we don't know how long it will take to get a working product.

Inferno!

Explorer
Jason Anderson said:
It's intended to be a simple game, so hopefully they will like it. Although in hind sight I would have done a few things differently to make it even simpler. Maybe in the second edition :)

We haven't played it yet, but I read quite a bit of it last night. I like what I've seen so far. While simple, the background reminds me of the sense of wonder I felt when I first started playing D&D some 25+ years ago (OMG I'm getting old). Hopefully we can past that sort of wonder and fun on to the kids.

Wik

First Post
Alright. I just downloaded Gunslingers and Gamblers, and I've decided it's one of the coolest RPGs ever. I highly recommend you all to pick it up. The Poker Dice system is very well done, and makes the game simply incredible.

I want to run it, like, RIGHT NOW.

Very happy to pick up the 3.5 version of the XCrawl rulebook today. That and the Book of Challenges are the ones I am most happy to see available. Both have been on my to get list for a long time.

Olaf the Stout

Rhun

First Post
Wik said:
Alright. I just downloaded Gunslingers and Gamblers, and I've decided it's one of the coolest RPGs ever. I highly recommend you all to pick it up. The Poker Dice system is very well done, and makes the game simply incredible.

I want to run it, like, RIGHT NOW.

I've wanted to play a western game for a while. Hell, I don't think I've played a western style RPG since Boot Hill.

I've downloaded this, though, and can't wait to look through it when I get home from work.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I had to take a pause from downloading the freebies from DTRPG (both RPGNow and DTRPG offers the same freebies for Thanksgiveaway). For some reasons at 1pm Hawaiian Standard Time, it's stopped downloading.

I'll try again later tonight during off-peak hours.

Wik

First Post
Well, it looks like it'll be an easy game to run, and the poker mechanics mean it'll be fun. I don't know if it's great for long-term play, and the CharGen rules are a bit spotty, but all in all, it looks amazing.

I want to start playing some one-shots, what with all these free RPGs I have now.

Festivus

First Post
Rhun said:
I've wanted to play a western game for a while. Hell, I don't think I've played a western style RPG since Boot Hill.

I've downloaded this, though, and can't wait to look through it when I get home from work.

I recently bought the 1PG Sixgun stuff from there, also worth taking a look at... if for nothing else, it's full of scenarios that you can use for pretty much any western RPG (like Boothill or A&8)

Stormrunner

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
Stormrunner, if you do what I suggested in my post directly above, you should be able to download them at a later date at your leisure. That way you won't miss out on any of the free goodies on offer.

Olaf the Stout

OK, I'm trying your system and it appears to be working. Yay! (happy centaur dance)

On a completely different topic, what's the deal about Sinister Secret of Whiterock? I missed the free download, but a lot of people seem to have it on their recommended list. What is it that makes it so desireable? I'm curious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads