• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who's getting the freebies from RPGNow?

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
TheAuldGrump said:
Downloads are not working for me tonight - I keep getting 'server has been reset' errors - instantly, no waiting required. :(

The Auld Grump
There seems to have been a lot wrong with the site yesterday. I only got half of what I wanted. The rest is listed in my account history as 'delivered', but I can't download it. :(

Pinotage

Explorer
Oldtimer said:
There seems to have been a lot wrong with the site yesterday. I only got half of what I wanted. The rest is listed in my account history as 'delivered', but I can't download it. :(

Yes, I suspect the massive downloads and bandwidth kind of messed their database and systems up. I've even been unable to download some of my older purchases today, so I suspect once everything dies down the database will return to normal.

Thanks Steve and James at DrivethruRPG and RPGNow, as well as all the publishers for some fantastic goodies! :D

Pinotage

Wik

First Post
Yeah. Thanks go out to everybody who set this up. It really makes me want to start playing outside 3.5E. reminded me how much good stuff is out there.

Seriously, though - that cowboy game? AMAZING.

Everything was great, but I think the best five downloads for me were:

1) Gunslingers and Gamblers
2) Twilight 2000
3) Tomb of Horrors Revised (Already had it, but still deserves to be on this list)
4) The Sinister Secret of Whiterock
5) The Conan RPG (Surprisingly enough... not a huge fan of Mongoose)

There's a bunch of other stuff though, so much that I imagine I'm going to spend a long time agonizing over what to run next.

cougent

First Post
Oldtimer said:
Pinotage said:
Yes, I suspect the massive downloads and bandwidth kind of messed their database and systems up. I've even been unable to download some of my older purchases today, so I suspect once everything dies down the database will return to normal.

Thanks Steve and James at DrivethruRPG and RPGNow, as well as all the publishers for some fantastic goodies! :D

Pinotage
Everything seems to have straightened back out by this afternoon. I had about half a dozen that would not ever download yesterday that were just fine today. :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I should say, download problems or not, this was a great thing. :) I was able to look at stuff from a few publishers I had never read before, some good, some bad, and some... wait, I'm playing a vegetable? :p

I got more than enough stuff to be worth my while, and some of what I got was fantastic. (Tome of Horrors rocks. Thrilling Tales thrills. What more need be said?)

The Auld Grump

Jason Anderson

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
some good, some bad, and some... wait, I'm playing a vegetable? :p
But not a brassica! That would just be... unnatural ;)

I downloaded a lot of great stuff too that I look forward to examining more closely - thanks to all the publishers involved!

SiderisAnon

First Post
DMH said:
Have you skimmed it yet? The last 1/3 of it has all kinds of editing problems, at least the copy I got.
I have not read the Strikeforce Manual in detail, so I would not be willing to consider this a full review. However, I have skimmed through it and gotten an overview.

Frankly, I found the quality of this PDF to be disappointing. It looks more like a campaign document someone threw together than a professionally published product. (Unless you're talking about maybe some of the early Palladium products.) The artwork is substandard, the layout is poor, and some of the fonts are clearly more "cool" than "readable". The parts I have tried reading have been pretty awful.

I feel a little bad saying such poor things about a product I received for free, but since the publisher lists the normal price at $16.99, I feel that the product should be worth something close to that. I can honestly say that if I had paid that kind of money for this product and then seen such poor quality, I would have been livid.

Also, there was a link provided in the order confirmation for downloading character sheets and some other freebie. The web site store worked poorly and failed to complete the free transaction, which lowered my opinion of this publisher even further.

Remove ads