D&D 5E Who's In Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters?

Having just sent the final three entries to layout - Nessie, Lucifer, and Peter Pan - this book is pretty much done! All that's left to do is the table of contents, lists of entries by CR appendix, that sort of thing. Then I'll be getting a hardcover proof copy made and, if that looks good, we'll be able to think about launching that Kickstarter!

So here's a list of the entries which made the final cut (this isn't the actual contents page - just a quick list I knocked up to share).

The book is a compilation of Mike Myler's ongoing weekly column, which presents mythological figures and monsters on a request basis. If there is a figure you'd like to see be sure to ask Mike to include it in a later edition of the column!

entries.jpg

Shadow Demon

Explorer
So, Billy the Kid, Cleopatra, Confucius, Genghis Khan, George Washington, Harry Houdini, Nikola Tesla and etc are considered “mythological figures”? These are historical figures with possble elements of exaggeration. Even the inclusion of David is a stretch especially for those of Judeo-Christian faith

I think there are plenty of other mythological and fictional characters that could have been used In their place.

dave2008

Legend
So, Billy the Kid, Cleopatra, Confucius, Genghis Khan, George Washington, Harry Houdini, Nikola Tesla and etc are considered “mythological figures”? These are historical figures with possble elements of exaggeration. Even the inclusion of David is a stretch especially for those of Judeo-Christian faith

I think there are plenty of other mythological and fictional characters that could have been used In their place.
I like it, we need some modern myths.

Shadow Demon

Explorer
I like it, we need some modern myths.
To each their own. I can shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes because they are not. Hey, in a fantasy game up can be down and down can be up.

With a background in engineering physics and a Christian belief, I find the inclusion of Tesla and David to be on the edge of offensive.

Waller

Legend
So, Billy the Kid, Cleopatra, Confucius, Genghis Khan, George Washington, Harry Houdini, Nikola Tesla and etc are considered “mythological figures”?

The D&D Monster Manual has angels, deer, badgers, riding horses, and various humans. Are they call considered "monsters"? I wouldn't get too hung up on the title of the book.

Shadow Demon

Explorer
The D&D Monster Manual has angels, deer, badgers, riding horses, and various humans. Are they call considered "monsters"? I wouldn't get too hung up on the title of the book.

‘Yep. they are all monsters.A D&D Monster is any potential NPC adversary of a PC party. The MM is a generalized list of creatures that are not specific to any particular time or place.

A mythological figure is always a specific character tied to a particular time and place.

dave2008

Legend
To each their own. I can shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes because they are not. Hey, in a fantasy game up can be down and down can be up.
Absolutely.
With a background in engineering physics and a Christian belief, I find the inclusion of Tesla and David to be on the edge of offensive.
I'm an architect and would total go for a Legendary characters version of Corbusier, Mies, or FLW. I guess we could go back to Imhotep if we had too. @Mike Myler , can you add one to the list?

Fictionalized versions of real people are great IMO. Have you seen Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases