• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Whose idea was it to combine Tiamat with the Dragon of Revelation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is referring to the multi-headed depiction of Tiamat in D&D.
There are lots of multi headed dragons that are not connected to the 7-headed dragon of revelations. There is, as far as I know, no explicit link with the 5-headed Tiamat of D&D. There is a more directly link to mythological Tiamat and the D&D Tiamat.

I guess what I am saying is find the premise of the OP inaccurate or unconvincing.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Credit where credit is due: Louis Porter Jr.'s Monsters of NeoExodus: Dragons (affiliate link) deliberately leaned in toward the "Dragon of Revelation" idea for the supplement's big bad (named, appropriately enough, Eschaton).

Being a dragon with seven heads and ten horns, the quirk is that Eschaton only has four of his original heads remaining, each of which has one horn. The three that were destroyed and have since been restored each have two...with the kicker being that each "restored" head is wildly unlike its original form. One has come back as something lamprey-like with an orifice consisting of multiple rings of teeth, one head has come back as a ghost (being incorporeal and still suffering the wounds that originally killed it), and one has been replaced with a mechanical head. It's pretty freakin' epic, all things considered.

There are lots of multi headed dragons that are not connected to the 7-headed dragon of revelations. There is, as far as I know, no explicit link with the 5-headed Tiamat of D&D. There is a more directly link to mythological Tiamat and the D&D Tiamat.

I guess what I am saying is find the premise of the OP inaccurate or unconvincing.
For sure. I was just explaining the link the OP was attempting to establish. Wasn't saying his link was the only way to get from A to B. It is an interesting topic though.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Multiheaded sadness lizard is not exclusive to the dragon of revelation, who wasn't even a dragon but an allegory for several specific heads of state at the time.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:
Folks, real-world religion isn't good grist for the mill on this site.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads