Why _DON'T_ You Buy Dragon Magazine?

Andre

First Post
Erik Mona said:
The desire to tell you guys about changes I've _already made_ to the magazine is overwhelming, but I'm going to hold off for another day or so.

Fair enough.

BTW - what is the current readership of Dragon? I was trying to convince a friend to submit an article idea and one of my arguments is that far more people will see it in Dragon vs. a pdf on RPGNow.

Thanks!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
We're currently quoting a paid circulation of 65,000. If there are PDFs that get that kind of audience, I'm in the wrong business. ;)

--Erik

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Faraer said:
What about Greyhawk fiction by Gygax?
Um. OK. I've firmly been in the no fiction camp, however, I think perhaps D&D setting related fiction, bundled with an introduction to a class, spells, or fleshed out town and/or NPCs might be a good fit.

(especially it is Greyhawk penned by Gygax)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Erik Mona said:
We're currently quoting a paid circulation of 65,000. If there are PDFs that get that kind of audience, I'm in the wrong business. ;)

--Erik
Forgive my ignorance, but is that subscriptions, or subs + regular distribution to game and book stores?

And thanks for asking for our opinions. We all needed to have our egos pumped up a little more. :p

and stop teasing us, what changes are you making?

Last edited:

Ariddrake

First Post
Since we have this forum I would like to contribute. I have been a subscriber for a while but am thinking of letting it lapse.

Please get rid of the fiction (It's like beating a dead horse, sorry)
I use stuff like the name generation tables (Inns, Taverns, etc.)
The Creature Catalog idea is great
I like the the ecology articles, they are a little bland though
I did not like the Samuri vs. Ninja article at all (whoever is the better fighter wins, duh)
The how to create a campaign series was great (Maybe next time a City)
I really dislike the article series about kicking out a disruptive player, using a quater as a token, or finding a quiet place to play like the local library (those were bad)
I like stuff like 101 plot hooks, rumours, hauntings, etc.

Thanks for listening :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Hey Erik, on a tangent, is it possible we'll ever see the d20 minigames from Polyhedron collected together into a single source, maybe with a few new minigames?

I'd buy such a book in a second.

Remove ads