D&D 5E Why different HD types for classes? (Another HP thread...)

Coroc

Hero
I think CON is better on wizards. Both experience, and other posters' guides to wizards, suggest that maintaining concentration is more important than have a higher AC against attacks that one shouldn't be in the way of anyway.

Agree partially, it requires the wizard saves his standard reaction to cast shield and has this spell available to him. It gives you a boost in HP for melee situations with though hitters, aka mobs with high + to hit.

Otoh you got only one reaction, so a horde of mobs is not your friend with this build, as are most damaging area effects like enemy fireball dragonbreath etc.
Edit:
So here Dex saves the day, for its AC boost,
E.g. If you use your reaction for shield, you cannot use it for counterspell anymore. So that's a tough choice.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
As someone who plays almost exclusively full casters, I agree wholeheartedly. Except that last sentence, there are definitely more punishing situations involving d4's than rolling them.
When I was 14 I stepped on one in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. Pain is a very good motivator. 35 years later I still track my d4s like a hawk.

Oofta

Legend
When I was 14 I stepped on one in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. Pain is a very good motivator. 35 years later I still track my d4s like a hawk.

Just be glad they weren't metal "thorn dice".
shopping.png

Coroc

Hero
Ar you saying your vehicular chases look something like this?

View attachment 115734
Nope, actually I ride an old V8 Mercedes, which his the most powerful regular car I ever had in my life, and which accelerates pretty hot if I need it. I just do not use it unreasonably anymore e.g. when I slightly break the speed limit I stay in the range where it does only cost a slight amount of money and not my license.

Remove ads