Why do elves suck?

Why do elves suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All of the above, but especially because they're boring. Next time I need some warmed over Tolkien leftovers, maybe I'll look their way again, though.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Rules:
One sub-race for each base class.
One sub-race for each rule loophole(alter self-->wings)
Way too good ability score modifications and skill bonuses
Access to too many martial weapons, and top quality ones at that.

Fluff: and Players:
Elves = Perfection? Whatever.
Elves and their long history = not good player characters
Players who refuse to accept elves take a century to grow up but salivate when they sit at young adult for 500 years.
Annoying players gravitate to playing elves. Grand standers and one man parties.

Ok, the last line might have been a bit much, but out of 85% of the annoying self absorbed players I have seen in my PBEMs, they have been elf fanboys. YMMV. Elves seem to attract people who want their character to be innately special, innately powerful, with no work or in game effort on their part.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Personally, I love elves. And I'm not a hardcore elf fan.

The only qualities I dislike is favored class: wizard, superiority complex, tree-huggers.

I've changed them for my homebrew making them a race of tolerant (blazing the way for the elimination of hate against minority and ethnicity groups and the eliminination of slavery), industrialaists (working with dwarves to creates very long last structures [sometimes the fantasy equivalent of skyscrapers] of beauty, strength and reslience and have also had a hand in the ushering in of the era of steampunk) and have changed their favored class to duskblade.

Doug McCrae

Legend
Elves suck because they were overpowered in 1e/2e, they're irritatingly perfect in Tolkien and they're a bunch of effeminate, arrogant hippies.

Henrix

Explorer
Dark Jezter said:
Well, why do elves suck?
Because they have a -2 Con. This places them low on the pecking order, so they suck.

The only singleclassed elven wizard I've seen since 3.0 came out was one of the most careful PCs I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads