D&D General why do we have halflings and gnomes?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Now you want to claim that being a mere twelve miles away is far enough that they are "out of the way" but that doesn't work when two towns can be considered "neighbors" when they are 24 miles away in the same terrain.
ROFL I called it.
You call the necromancer a moron with no supporting reasons, he just is because he isn't directly controlling hordes of mindless undead like a puppet master. Remembering I assume that that capability doesn't exist in the game, and would be a homebrew ability, or would rely on lieutenants who can only control a a small handful at a time.
I gave supporting reasons. If you want to have your necromancers just have their undead wander aimlessly instead of ordering them down the road laying waste to all towns and cities they come upon, go for it. Mine will use their brains.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
ROFL I called it.

I gave supporting reasons. If you want to have your necromancers just have their undead wander aimlessly instead of ordering them down the road laying waste to all towns and cities they come upon, go for it. Mine will use their brains.
Would this be the road that
  • doesn't exist because halflings travel to the nearest city on foot with nonrepeating routes with a single mule to avoid forming roads when they engage in trade that is not trade....
  • that are so well hidden that an orc ranger actively searching for the path they know exists?
Which roads are these undead using their brains to follow?

• doesn't exist because halflings travel to the nearest city on foot with nonrepeating routes with a single mule to avoid forming roads when they engage in trade that is not trade....
  • that are so well hidden that an orc ranger actively searching for the path they know exists?
If I'm not mistaken, it'd be the roads the other races form between their major population centers..that the undead army follows. Seems like the argument might have crossed streams here.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You need to pay attention, because we're talking about human towns and cities now. Halflings aren't a part of this portion.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
If I'm not mistaken, it'd be the roads the other races form between their major population centers..that the undead army follows. Seems like the argument might have crossed streams here.
He's not even supposed to be responding to me, and he cuts in with a snarky statement that has nothing to do with the discussion. :p

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
ahh that's right, the halflings are thousands of miles or thousands of square miles away o have nothing to worry about. When was the last time your gps gave you a distance to travel in square miles? when it did that was it based on the number of lanes in the road or the number of square miles in the towns/cities/counties you merely passed through?

ahh that's right, the halflings are thousands of miles or thousands of square miles away o have nothing to worry about. When was the last time your gps gave you a distance to travel in square miles? when it did that was it based on the number of lanes in the road or the number of square miles in the towns/cities/counties you merely passed through?
Is this question even directed at me. If so, literally what point are you driving at here, assuming there is one.

It's just so completely a non sequitur, all I can do is shrug.

I don't think you could read the writeup with any of the races and guess their traits with no prior knowledge so I don't see the point.
Really? You couldn't read the write-up for dragonborn and guess that their main traits are that they have the same resistance as their draconic ancestor and that they have the same breath weapon as their draconic ancestor?

What about dwarves? You couldn't read the write-up for dwarves and guess that the race known for their hardiness, warriors, artisans and for living underground had the traits Darkvision, Proficiency with Artisan's Tools, Dwarven Combat Training and Stonecunning?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Is this question even directed at me. If so, literally what point are you driving at here, assuming there is one.

It's just so completely a non sequitur, all I can do is shrug.
Yes its directed at you because you said
Nothing about halflings exempt them from the same risk of the undead army that was being discussed from following those same roads"the other races form between their major population centers" to halflings population centers as there is no reason for those other races not to make roads to halfling towns and cities as long as nothing about halflings robs the other races of the same free will & motivations that built every other road from being applied to the route leading to halfling towns and cities. Since the roads are largely the same, those undead can follow them where they go.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases