D&D 5E Why doesn't D&D have its own Showcase video like MtG does?

Why doesn't D&D have its own Showcase video like MtG does?

I'd been cool to learn what D&D book releases we can expect next year.

Or they could add D&D books to the MtG Showcase, honestly I'm surprised the MtG 2021 Showcase had no mention of Cirriculum of Chaos at all, it's an MtG setting.

Because MTG has way more product releases, a bigger budget (I assume) and a different player base.

Many (most?) mtg players dont care about things like Curriculum of Chaos or the various MTG/D&D cross over settings. I participate in both, but I avoid those settings in D&D, I dont want that cross over at all.

They announced Commander Legends: Battle For Baldur's Gate at Showcase 2021,it's a crossover.

R_J_K75

Legend
I'd been cool to learn what D&D book releases we can expect next year.
Up until 5E as far as I recall TSR & WotC put out a product release schedule well in advance. TSR used to put out yearly catalogs with everything that was being released for the year, pretty sure this stopped about 2001 or so. Like alot of things the internet made it unnecessary. 5E releases are much less per year than some other editions but I agree it would be nice to know whats coming out for the year from the start. I really liked looking through the catalogs & websites and loosely planning my campaigns around things I was going to buy.

Up until 5E as far as I recall TSR & WotC put out a product release schedule well in advance. TSR used to put out yearly catalogs with everything that was being released for the year, pretty sure this stopped about 2001 or so. Like alot of things the internet made it unnecessary. 5E releases are much less per year than some other editions but I agree it would be nice to know whats coming out for the year from the start. I really liked looking through the catalogs & websites and loosely planning my campaigns around things I was going to buy.

Exactly, it's nice to be able to plan spending in advance.

Scribe

Legend
Exactly, it's nice to be able to plan spending in advance.
Yes for the consumer.

For the company, its better for them to have us not know, so that we do not skip a purchase, for something we would rather have later.

Personally I dont know if that is a concern to them with the limited number of D&D releases, but other companies behave in that manner.

Yes for the consumer.

For the company, its better for them to have us not know, so that we do not skip a purchase, for something we would rather have later.

Personally I dont know if that is a concern to them with the limited number of D&D releases, but other companies behave in that manner.

Telling folks we'll in advance has worked out well for WotC in MtG, don't see why D&D would be any different, if anything wallet fatigue would be less of an issue for D&D.

Remove ads