D&D 5E Why doesn't D&D have its own Showcase video like MtG does?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
We first heard about the 3 Classic settings last year at D&D Celebration 2020, by June 14th 2021 Ravenloft was already released and we got the following tweet where we found out the manuscript for 1 of the setting lead by Chris Perkins was complete, while another was ramping up.

3 other settings were in early development, 1 revisit, 2 new settings none from MtG and still in the danger zone, but going well. That suggests A) The first Classic setting is very likely going to be very early 2022 as it's already had 3 months already after finishing the manuscript for art and editing, ect... B) That it's going to take longer then 12 to 13 months of development C) the 3 projects might have had enough time to either fail or get out of the danger zone too, I mean the 2 Classic settings were safe by 8 months, it's only been abit over 3 months for the other 3, but it might be enough perhaps.

WinningerR

"@WinningerR

@Wizards_DnD

Settings Update: As I've mentioned on a couple of occasions, there are two more products that revive "classic" settings in production right now. (1/4)

1:33 PM · Jun 14, 2021·Twitter Web App

Retweets

Quote Tweets

WinningerR

@WinningerR

·

Jun 14

Replying to

@WinningerR

The manuscript for the first, overseen by

@ChrisPerkinsDnD

, is nearly complete. Work on the second, led by

@FWesSchneider

with an assist from

@AriLevitch

, is just ramping up in earnest. Both are targeting 2022 and formats you've never seen before. (2/4)"
Whatever Perkins is working on is probably the Winter book in March, so that is probably pretty close to being finalized: still might not hear about until January, so they can focus marketing on the current upcoming books. The second returning Setting might be the next book after that.

Whatever Perkins is working on is probably the Winter book in March, so that is probably pretty close to being finalized: still might not hear about until January, so they can focus marketing on the current upcoming books. The second returning Setting might be the next book after that.

I'm thinking it could be out earlier then March, maybe January or February for Perkins setting book. And Ravenloft didn't stop them from hyping Witchlight and Strixhaven relatively close to its release.

I mean, hard to say. They felt confident in rolling out their October/November books this year in mid-June, which is less than 6 months. I wonder if they were in a situation where they felt that either Fizban's or Strixhaven might not make it all the way but both turned out well so they adjusted.

no, I'm pretty sure Fizban's, Witchlight, and Strixhaven were locks by the time if the Week of Legend.

At the very least I expect we will get some kind of update on what kind of products we can expect for next year and how the Classic/New/,Revisit settings are progressing, and if they added to that. Maybe news on if we can expect an MtG setting next year too, even if the Future of D&D Panel doesn't do announcements.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
no, I'm pretty sure Fizban's, Witchlight, and Strixhaven were locks by the time if the Week of Legend.

At the very least I expect we will get some kind of update on what kind of products we can expect for next year and how the Classic/New/,Revisit settings are progressing, and if they added to that. Maybe news on if we can expect an MtG setting next year too, even if the Future of D&D Panel doesn't do announcements.
I mean prior to that, like if in January they weren't certain which if either ook would make it to print, but both turned out well.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yhr overall point remains, D&D has a shorter development timeline and is more fluid and open to change up to a closer point than Magic products, so "here is the D&D 2022 lineup, guarenteed" is not feasible in the same way.

I mean fair point, but again that misses what I am talking about.

The MTG echo system of today, vs when Lorwyn released in 2007 is...dramatically different to say the least.

MTG today, is a self perpetuating money maker.

For now, a crash will come eventually not a year or so from now, but eventually.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases