D&D 5E Why Greyhawk is Loved

jasper

Rotten DM
I'd agree with the points previous posters made - I love GH because of nostalgia, because it was created by the guy who created D&D, because of the gritty sword and sorcery vibe, and mostly because it managed to feel like a living, breathing world while still feeling like MY world to tell MY stories in a way that other published worlds don't.

The great thing about the last point is that I really don't need a 5E version of GH. I don't care what Perkins and Mearls think should happen with the metaplot or what the timeline should be or what races should be part of the setting. Sure, I wouldn't mind a POD version of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, but give me that and the Anna B Meyer maps and my grandkids will be running games in the Flanaess.
Wait, according to old Dragon Magazine articles Elminster used to meet with Ed Greenwood .... on EARTH! That means the timeline of Earth is tied to the FR timeline as well. When those madmen at WotC advanced the FR timeline they were wreaking untold havoc on our own space-time continuum!

What if it is 100 years from now and we just haven't realized it yet?

SHHHHH You seen how long it takes to upload Windows 10. Just wait till the Earth 1.23 finish downloading then cry to see how many restarts restarts restarts you have to do.

SHHHHH You seen how long it takes to upload Windows 10. Just wait till the Earth 1.23 finish downloading then cry to see how many restarts restarts restarts you have to do.

Remove ads