• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why I'm done with 4e

A

amerigoV

Erm ... the adamantine spoons were a problem with 3e ... wasn't it?

Exactly. That's why 4e sucks - no Adamantine Spoons. One simply cannot play an Intelligent, Vorpal CE Adamantine Spoon under 4e. That was a cool, viable option under 3e...

:D

Voadam

Legend
I'm really not sure a spoon counts as a slashing weapon...

Bye
Thanee

Your right, generally sharpening a spoon into a shiv creates a piercing weapon. Luckily the OGL allowed supplements like Arms and Armor 3.5 which has a vorpal style property for piercing weapons. :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm really not sure a spoon counts as a slashing weapon...

Quick, somebody look that up. I'm sure From Stone to Steel has an entry for "spoon." It has an entry for nearly every other implement of doom across history and culture. If spoon cannot be found, an entry for "prison chiv" is probably acceptable.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Quick, somebody look that up. I'm sure From Stone to Steel has an entry for "spoon."

Nope, I checked. :p

However, it is listed in Weapon Focus: Improvised Modern Weapons, by Aleph Gaming, under the entry for "dinner spoon." It does 1 point of piercing damage, only scores a critical on a natural 20, and has a range increment of 10 ft.

That should silence the "adamantine spoon" critics, since the RAW says "Generally, you can smash an object only with a bludgeoning or slashing weapon."

Man I love being a rules lawyer! :D

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Nope, I checked. :p

However, it is listed in Weapon Focus: Improvised Modern Weapons, by Aleph Gaming, under the entry for "dinner spoon." It does 1 point of piercing damage, only scores a critical on a natural 20, and has a range increment of 10 ft.

That should silence the "adamantine spoon" critics, since the RAW says "Generally, you can smash an object only with a bludgeoning or slashing weapon."

Man I love being a rules lawyer! :D

Gah! it's going to bother me now, until I can find a feat or prestige class to sunder with piercing weapons!

The best I could find was Ranged Sunder, from Complete Warrior. Lets ranged piercing weapons sunder for half damage within 30 ft. The spoon does have a 10 ft range increment... So, maybe toos in a few Bloodstorm Blade levels so you can full attack with your adamantine spoon from range. Perhaps add in some sneak attack dice for damaging the things carrying the stuff you want to break, and I think it could be a solid build. Oooh! Scrolls of Whirling Blade to do a 60 ft line sunder attack with the spoon would be awesome! ...too bad it's also slashing only... There's always the Lightning Throw level 8 Iron Heart maneuver...

I love 3E. :)

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Done with? I just wanna get started with 4e.

:::goes off whimpering into the corner:::

Stupid life-stuff gettin' in the way of my gamin' fun...

Remove ads