Why I'm not boycotting the movie, video games, comic books or novels over the OGL scandal, just D&DB & hardcovers.

bostonmyk

Explorer
Hasbro won't correlate this with that, as nobody is polling the audience to see if they are a TTRPG'er or not. We can all safely say most are not.

If this is important enough, protest in front of the theater. Some folks in line might listen or even not go. A mainstream reporter might even ask why you're upset.

Mike

mamba

Legend
Hasbro won't correlate this with that, as nobody is polling the audience to see if they are a TTRPG'er or not. We can all safely say most are not.
nonsense, if the movie tanks they might not have the data to prove it, because they did not bother asking, but they at a minimum will always wonder about this

Saying ‘none of this matters’ and doing nothing is the surest way make it to not matter

bostonmyk

Explorer
nonsense, if the movie tanks they might not have the data to prove it, because they did not bother asking, but they at a minimum will always wonder about this
There are a lot more reasons for it to tank, and it probably will for those reasons more than this reason.

Saying ‘none of this matters’ and doing nothing is the surest way make it to not matter

I didn't say that at all. Look at the second part of my post. I said do something that matters instead of hoping some data analyst has the stones to present that in some board meeting. Look above, I said get out there and protest at the theater.

Mike

Remathilis

Legend

If this is important enough, protest in front of the theater. Some folks in line might listen or even not go. A mainstream reporter might even ask why you're upset.

Mike
There are so many political, economic, social and environmental causes in this world that are far more important than this. If I'm going to use my time to organize and protest, it's going to be for a cause greater than "WotC won't let me play with its toys for free anymore."

bostonmyk

Explorer
There are so many political, economic, social and environmental causes in this world that are far more important than this. If I'm going to use my time to organize and protest, it's going to be for a cause greater than "WotC won't let me play with its toys for free anymore."

Yeah, that's why my sentence started with -if this is important enough.

I've bought a ton of books from 3rd parties in the last few weeks, which is what I think I can do now.

Mike

Remove ads