Why Is Chris Perkins Tweeting Page Snippets Of Mongrelfolk?

I didn't see that either. Do mongrelfolk appear in one of the adventures they've released, or is this a possible hint of the Monster Manual 2?

I didn't see that either. Do mongrelfolk appear in one of the adventures they've released, or is this a possible hint of the Monster Manual 2?

SilentWolf

First Post
It's definitely a monster format.

It can belong to an Adventure or to the next D&D 5e rulebook.
I believe that we should not think about the D&D 5e supplements (the one Mearls named "Campaign Handbooks") in the old-fashioned way. Considering what has been said by the designers until now, it is possible that future supplements will contain charachter options, new sub-systems, new monsters, new equipment, new Variants, new DM tools, new flavor and fluff.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I'm guessing it's a 5E Fiend Folio, as mongrelfolk were introduced in 3E in that edition's Fiend Folio.

And w/r/t Ravenloft, I think people are confusing mongrelfolk with calibans, the latter being the Ravenloft version of half-orcs. There were mongrelfolk in Markovia, but they didn't travel much, being convinced that the darklord was their deity.

Really hoping its MM 2. The monsters in MM1 are kind of creampuff in general, and a step back from what we saw at the end of 4E in terms of design. The monster building guidelines in the DMG skew much deadlier, and there's a huge lack of creatures even in the CR 5+ range, let alone 10+.

Well, we did have a small product in-between...
- Monster Manual (October 2000)
- Monsters of Faerun (February 2001) (smaller book)
- Monster Manual II (September 2002)
- Fiend Folio (April 2003) (just before 3.5E, with hybrid stats).

Cheers!

I logged in just to remind everyone of the Fiend Folio. In 1st edition, the Fiend Folio came before the Monster Manual 2. Who knows .... maybe this could possibly be a Fiend Folio entry?

It's been awesome not having splat books lined up. A 5E Fiend Folio would be old school and awesome. I would be fine with a MM2 as they had more monsters left over. If there is enough to make a solid second MM, go for it! After a second MM book, they start getting very watered down and silly, I look at Pathfinder as a reminder.

Agamon

Adventurer
Smart money's on snipit from the next AP. It might be something from the next conversion document. Highly unlikely that its from a new monster book.

Remove ads

Remove ads