D&D 5E Why is the wizards site so hard to navigate?

Uchawi

First Post
Please dont give them ideas. Everytime they "update" anything it becomes much much worse than it was. One more round of "improvements" and the entire site is reduced to one cyclic dropdown menu where all clicks leads back to one of the previous levels. The ultimate, nightmarish, Kafka:istic defense against intruders (or "customers") that are looking to steal you secrets (or "access your content").

I have also completely given up on the wotc site (not to mention their community) as a source for news. If anything happens someone will post about it here.
lol. So true ...

Evenglare

Adventurer
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has issue. I clearly overlooked that drop down menu item but the simple fact is that kind of stuff should be front and center on the page. Sort of like enworld, where they post news and updates etc as soon as you load up the site.

fjw70

Adventurer
The only time I go to the D&D site these days is when I follow a link from ENWorld. Part of it is stuff is hard to fin, part is the site is over-designed, part is I am not interested in the other media like video games, and part is there just isn't much new stuff.

Fralex

Explorer
I can tell you one thing: when they gave me a pop-up survey asking me to rate the quality of the site layout, I didn't hold back.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
The only time I go to the D&D site these days is when I follow a link from ENWorld. Part of it is stuff is hard to fin, part is the site is over-designed, part is I am not interested in the other media like video games, and part is there just isn't much new stuff.

Likewise. I go there with a link from here or RPG.net and that's it. Visiting there otherwise is just an exercise in frustration.

However, I'm a 4E fan (primarily) and that part of the website still works really well. It also has content....

chriton227

Explorer
It strikes me that their site looks like it was designed by people in marketing, not by anyone with experience in UX design or usability. I've seen similar things when marketing folks who are primarily focused on print media try to do web site design, they think of each page in isolation, not how the user will navigate between the pages.

Remove ads