D&D 5E Why is WoTc still pushing AP's when the majority of gamers want something else?

Belltent

First Post
This has already been explained to you before. DM'sGuild material is not legal in AL nor is it allowed at lot's of tables. Not to mention the fact that loads of it is broken, not play tested, and not official. Fan made material has been around for a long time, but now just because Wizards creates a site for it that it's suddenly become well accepted. Nothing has really changed in this department. Fan made material is still looked at cautiously and not accepted by loads of DM's.

This (unfortunately)

Not necessarily agreeing with the OP (or at all for that matter) but DM'sGuild material is flat out not allowed at any of the tables I play at. "Find new tables!" No, those people are good friends. Even when it's me running things I would approach homebrew with extreme trepidation and probably (if I'm being honest with myself) dismiss it out of hand. Why? I'm not quite sure. WotC has put out some extremely flawed, unfun archetypes in the last month and yet it always *feels* more trustworthy than anything I find online.

Yet another "why doesn't (Wizards, Games Workshop, Fantasy Flight) do things the way I think they should?!" thread. Don't worry about it and relax. They do tons of market research and put out good products.

I honestly don't have time for homebrew D&D, so I appreciate the adventures the WOTC have put out. The fact that I have a premade adventure in my hands saves me a lot of time when my friends and I hang out on Saturday night.

Besides, having a family doesn't allow me the luxury of creating my own homebrew as it did when I was single, but I get what your saying, to a point. Though you could looks at the adventures they are throwing your way and use them for special encounters or just info or lore per se'?

jasper

Rotten DM
Hmm. Last time I checked, if you don't want to buy an AP you don't have to.

If people weren't interested in AP's, they wouldn't buy them. If they weren't selling, they wouldn't be produced.

Wait a minute I think I hear the WOTC police at my door here to tell me I haven't been purchasing my quota ... :.-(
So MR. Oofta, Mr. EGG says you are below your quota for the quarter. Nice looking PHB you have there. It would be a shame if something happen to it.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
If nobody ever pushed for change then the world would be a very bad place. There is nothing wrong with being persistent with what you want. There were several things that Mearls wanted to add to 5th edition that people rallied and said no. Remember the whole "damage on a miss" fiasco?

OK, stop with this. You say this every time someone points out how all you do is complain. You are not a champion pushing for righteous change. This isn't a civil rights issue. You're not on the front lines protesting DAPL. Stop trying to excuse your behavior as some sort of just cause. And yes, it is generally held that there is something wrong when you're being persistent when you're being insulting and unreasonable. When my kids were little and sat there complaining over and over how they couldn't watch a cartoon they liked, it was not OK behavior to keep doing it constantly.

Your posts are not some championing of a just cause. It's just complaining over and over and over about how they (WotC) sucks and how they are somehow oppressing you (by using loaded terms like "shoving down our throat"). It's a game. Either you like it, or you don't. You have plenty of other options. No one is forcing you to do one thing or the other any more than Pepsi forced me to drink Pepsi Clear when it came out.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
As for the overall topic, I've purchased all of the APs, will probably only play half of them (time limits), I still play a lot of the AD&D modules in 5e, and play with my homebrew adventures and campaigns (Felk Mor). So not exactly where that puts me, since apparently if I use homebrew I also shouldn't buy or play APs, according to the OP's research.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This is a forum dedicated to RPG's. This is not a forum that only acknowledges positive things about RPG's. It is called a discussion forum for a reason.

He did not challenge your right to post this kind of topic, just as you did not challenge WOTC's right to make adventure paths. However he said the majority of forum readers want something else from you, much as you said a majority want something different from WOTC. Why won't you give us readers what we want? It's a fair question. Should we take a survey to prove it to you that a majority want something else from you, and would you change if the survey said we do?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Look people... this is all YOUR FAULT. [MENTION=6776548]Corpsetaker[/MENTION] keeps goading you all into commenting on his threads and you eat it up with a spoon!

Hell, the last thread he created even said IN THE DAMN TITLE to "please stop", and you all managed to keep that one going for 84 fricking pages! He flat out TOLD YOU to cut it out, but you all couldn't leave well enough alone and you went on and on and on arguing about his points.

Isn't it time you all just admit that as much as [MENTION=6776548]Corpsetaker[/MENTION] needs to create the same repetitive, inane threads... you all NEED to comment and debate him about it? He's no longer creating threads in order to generate true change at Wizards of the Coast, he's creating threads to do you all a favor and give you people something to get all huffy about.

He's giving the people what they truly want. You might say he's a service industry, actually. But don't worry, people... admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery. And once you stop trying to argue with him and his threads eventually start running fallow... he might even stop creating more of them. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases