D&D (2024) Why no new packs since late September?

I was expecting these would be monthly, but we got no packet dor October and its looking like no packet for November unless one comes next week.

So why do you think we're not getting more packets?

Also wasn't the origins packet supposed to he updated?

R_J_K75

Legend
I think its probably because at some point they're probably making decisions behind the scenes to finalize certain aspects based on feedback. At some point with so many more aspects that need to be worked on I'd imagine that at some point they have to start completing some things while moving onto Others. Sure some packets or portions of them will be revised and resubmitted for feedback but on a smaller scale.

I think its probably because at some point they're probably making decisions behind the scenes to finalize certain aspects based on feedback. At some point with so many more aspects that need to be worked on I'd imagine that at some point they have to start completing some things while moving onto Others. Sure some packets or portions of them will be revised and resubmitted for feedback but on a smaller scale.

One D&D is releasing in 2024 for D&D's 50th, they can't afford to drag their feet.

R_J_K75

Legend
One D&D is releasing in 2024 for D&D's 50th, they can't afford to drag their feet.
I agree. Thats why I think that as time goes their requests for our feedback will become less in frequency and less in length. We are probably only gonna get 2, maybe 3 shots to give our feedback on any particular topic/option before they lock the playtest and move on to finalizing the design and start editing/layout then to printing. My belief is that the playtest will end in late 2023.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
At a guess, they’re getting more negative feedback than they expected. If they were getting mostly positive feedback, it would be full steam ahead. More than anything else they don’t want to split the fanbase again, so they want 80-90% onboard with their changes. Less than that and they risk killing the golden goose. Maybe people took their claims of backward compatibility seriously and when they saw the playtest and realized that’s not really going to happen, they freaked.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases