Why Wizards are better than Sorcerers, and other stories

Elrik_DarkFury

First Post
Ohh,gee you are right.I misread the spell mastery (not spell focus)part.Disturbing don't you find?I haven't played too much 3.5 yet and from the few glimpses i had taken at the new book i got the wrong -as it proved, impression that this had changed.Anyway i mostly get 10 levels at max of the wiz class(thats 2 metamagic feats) and then i continue with prestige classes.(I use the metamagic feats to fullfil prerequisites..)
Thats all folks.
--I know how to read.I just dont use this uniqe ability of mine too often-Too mindtaxing if you want to know :confused: :D .
The previous as well as the oncoming posts are completely random. :D

Zappo

Explorer
There is one place where sorcerers are definitely better: short games. One-shots ideally, but also short campaigns.

• In a short game, you won't find many different scrolls, you probably won't have many chances to purchase them, and you wouldn't have the time to write them to the spellbook anyway. The wizard's main advantage of unlimited knowledge is greatly reduced.
  • There will not be the same variety of situations as in a long-running campaign. Careful choice of spells for a sorcerer can make sure that you make use of them, but a wizard's great versatility will be wasted. The chance to cast a little-used spell and then gloat in the sorc's face will never come.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
"Shampoo is better, it cleans the hair!"

"No, conditioner is better, it leaves the hair silky and smooth!"
<bashes bottles together>

"Stop looking at me, swan!"

And shame on all of you for not beating me to that!

And can I get "racial" with this? Halflings are better than all the other races! They eat more!

sparxmith

First Post
Sorcerors? Suck! I'd rather play a Bard--at least then I could wear armour and wield a Rapier.

Wizards? Suck! I'd rather play a Sorceror.

Halflings? Halflings suck because the get a reduced damage progression as unarmed monks (And actually their weapons too.).

You guys must be blondes.

Has anybody SEEN Kill Bill Vol. 2? That monk was so BADA$$ I nearly wet my panties.

Sparxmith

Thanee

First Post
sparxmith said:
Has anybody SEEN Kill Bill Vol. 2? That monk was so BADA$$ I nearly wet my panties.

10th level tops. Wasn't even immune to poison. :p

Don't ask me how he did all those stunts then... must've been cheating! ;)

Bye
Thanee

Orius

Legend
Darklone said:
Bards are better than anyone because they are cool, don't need to munchkin and get all the pretty chicks.

Feh. That's what charm person is for. Hell, it's less work than trying to be charming and charismatic as well. Especially if the pretty chicks are airheads who don't realize they're being charmed.

Orius

Legend
Calico_Jack73 said:
The Druid IS cool because he's got some serious wood going on ALL THE TIME and doesn't even think twice about it.

Also, 3 words for you

NYMPH LOVE SLAVES

I've always hated those tree-hugging druid hippies, but Jack, you've finally given me a reason to actually play one. :p

Remove ads