Why Wizards are better than Sorcerers, and other stories

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
G'day!

This is a thread for people to post the reason why they prefer one class instead of another. Any two classes, any reason. :)

Here's my first:

Wizards are better than Sorcerers because when they find a scroll with a new spell on it, it means something and it expands their repertoire. To a Sorcerer it's just a boring "one-shot wand". The thrill of finding scrolls as a Wizard makes them much better than Sorcerers.

Have fun posting! :) (There are no wrong reasons).

Cheers!

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Just knowing from the get-go that you can potentially learn EVERY spell in the game. You don't have to worry about carefully picking spells because there is no limit to the number you can have. Metamagic Feats are also nice too.
On the flip side if someone takes the spellbook from the Wizard he is going to be SO HOSED! A Sorcerer's power can't be taken from him like a Wizard's can. 8 hours of rest and even if stripped naked a Sorcerer will still be able to use any spells with only Verbal or Somatic components.

They both have their niches... the Sorcerer is better for the paranoid player with a really mean DM.

Thanee

First Post
Sorcerers are better than Wizards because when they find a scroll with a new spell on it, they can use it right away without wasting the "precious knowledge". To a Wizard it just means he now has to find more gold to buy that expensive ink, which allows him to write the spell into his spellbook, because normal ink just won't do to pin down his mental notes. The thrill of actually using scrolls as a Sorcerer makes them much better than Wizards.

Of course, the thrill of a Rogue to use them without actually knowing what they are doing is even better, so Rogues are much, much better than both Wizards and Sorcerers.

Now, the thrill of an Arcane Trickster to use a scroll without actually knowing what they are doing, coupled with the understanding, that they could just read it, tops even the Rogue, and so... well you got it by now, right? ;)

Then again, we're playing 3.5 where everyone can learn Use Magic Device...

Anyways...

Sorcerers are better than Wizards because when they find a scroll with a new (non-PHB) spell on it, they can learn it from the scroll (without spending gold on expensive ink even), something they couldn't do otherwise. For the Wizard it's just another spell they could have learned anyways. The thrill of finding such scrolls as a Sorcerer makes them much better than Wizards.

Barbarians are better than Fighters since they can scream ME SMASH JOO! when charging into combat... oh wait, Fighters can do that, too... Oh well... :p

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

The_Gneech

Explorer
Eldritch knights are better than hierophants because the word "eldritch" is cool, while the word "hierophant" sounds like some kind of large ungulate.

-The Gneech :cool:

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Pirates are even better, cos they go 'Aaaaaghhhhh Matey!' and steal all yer booty. (ooer!)

They also have peg legs, cutlasses, nasty moustaches, eyepatches, muskets and parrots.

All of which make them teh winnar!

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Inconsequenti-AL said:
Pirates are even better, cos they go 'Aaaaaghhhhh Matey!' and steal all yer booty. (ooer!)

They also have peg legs, cutlasses, nasty moustaches, eyepatches, muskets and parrots.

I myself prefer a monkey to a parrot. It can do all sorts of things parrots can't and when it gets naughty I can spank it. :]

Honestly, in Skull & Bones you can take the monkey or parrot as a feat (I can't remember the exact name) and it is great for getting you out of trouble.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Inconsequenti-AL said:

Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!11!

Ninjas are WAY better than pirates! It couldn't be more clear!!! Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

This evidence is indesputable. Ninjas win. No contest.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
BACK OFF NINJA FAN-BOY!!!

Pirate Facts:
1) Pirates are aquatic mammals
2) Pirates get drunk ALL the time
3) The purpose of a Pirate is to get drunk and hook up with Saucy Wenches

Personally I like geting some action and getting drunk better than flipping out and killing people. :lol:

Last edited:

Talmun

First Post
Insane Fire-Mages are the true masters. Let me tell you why:
  1. Fire is soooo pretty
  2. Fire burns things
  3. Fire spells are the ultimate expression and manipulation of fire
  4. Only mages cast spells
  5. A Fire-Mage is really good at casting fire spells

As you can see I have definitively proved that Insane Fire-Mage is the way to go.
What's That? Why insane?
Well, I thought that was obvious, insanity=fun and carefree living; combined with fire, well...you get it now, right?

Sincerely,
Talmun, The Insane Fire-Mage
:]

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Calico_Jack73 said:
Personally I like geting some action and getting drunk better than flipping out and killing people. :lol:

And this is why pirates will never dominate and Ninjae are totally sweet. Pirates waste their time on silly "roleplaying" while Ninjae fight ALL the time with their +5 Katanae of Stabbing.

WAY more XP.

Ninjae own.

Remove ads