Critical Role Wildemount has new subraces and reprints a ton of others

gyor

Legend
New subrces Pallid Elves and Lotusden Halflings. Variant Dragonborn, Dragonblood (have tail) and Ravine or something. Aasimar (and its subraces), Firbolgs, Kenku, Tortles, Genasi (and subraces), Aacrokcra, Sea Elves, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Tabaxi, Orcs, Goliaths all reprinted.

Goblins have now bee reprinted so many times its really starting to get funny, like a running joke. I think Goblins are now playable in more 5e settings then Dwarves and Halfings.

Goliaths this is the 3rd reprinting. Genasi 3rd time. Aasimar 2nd, but with mentions in the DMG, SCAG, and Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron. Sea Elves 2nd. Aacrokra 2nd, but first hardcover. Tortles 2nd, but first hardcover. Firbolg 2nd. Tabaxi 2nd. Bugbear's 3rd. Hobgoblins 3rd. Orcs 3rdish. Kenku 2nd. Goblins 4th at least and you know thanks to MtG to D&D setting conversion its not the last time.

Pallid Elves and Lotusden Halflings seem pretty cool btw and well designed mechanically. I'm wondering if Pallid Elves have found their way to Evermeet yet.

Oh and it has a Supernatural Gift: Hollowed, a taste of what we can expect from Mythic Odysseys of Theros.

teitan

Legend
At least some of these races should be added to the PHB and this is more proof I'm right.

how? They had a ton of races in the FRCS back in the day that aren’t core. This is evidence that Mercer has allowed people to pull from various D&D supplements to build characters and that they want the material in one place. It’s no different than Mordenkainen and Out of the Abyss both having Demon Lord stats.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Lotusden Halflings? I’m picturing a group of halflings that are all opium addicts...

What are their sub-race features, if I may ask?
+1 wisdom
cast druidcraft, at 3rd level entangle 1/day, at 5th spike growth 1/day
Tracking the halfling is at disadvantage, can ignore difficult terrain for non-magical plants and undergrowth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases