Critical Role Wildemount releases tomorrow

Reynard

Legend
Someone who has it: sell it, if possible, to someone who doesn't watch Critical Role and isn't likely to run the actual setting itself, but would intend to mine it. Thanks!

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Someone who has it: sell it, if possible, to someone who doesn't watch Critical Role and isn't likely to run the actual setting itself, but would intend to mine it. Thanks!

Hmm, I don't watch Critical Role but I am pillaging all this.

It has 4 lvl 1 to 3 adventures that although set in Wildemount can be adapted elsewhere.
has 17 new creatures plus some NPCs (this creatures include Frost Giant Zombie as an example)
1 supernatural gift (hollow one) (edited thx -> Gyor)
2 new subraces (halfling and elf)
tons of reprinted races (genasi, asimar, goblinkin, orcs, tortle, aracockra, kenku, tabaxi, sea elf) hope not forgetting one
Beautiful maps that were done by DevenRue that include area maps, and towns.
1 new subclass for fighter (echo Knight)
2 new subclasses for Wizard (School of Graviturgy and School of Chronurgy
2 new backgrounds
15 new spells plus the reprint of the shape water cantrip

That's all I Can think, for now, I know I can find more stuff to pillage.

Edit: the hardest to use elsewhere is probably the area maps, the gazetteer, and the adventures will require refluffing.

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm stuck abroad and won't be able to get the physical book for, who knows how long. I may buy on DnD Beyond just to read.

I'd say I feel interested but not excited. I am at the point where I have more material than I can use in play. I bought the Eberron and Ravnica books, simply because I enjoyed reading them. Wildemont and Theros will be about the same I'm afraid. I'm starting to feel I'd be better off just sticking to free and low-cost books on my Kindle than paying for expensive setting books I'll likely never run.

At this point, would I would most like are more books like the Yawning Portal. Give me a collection of short adventures that I can run in 1-3 sessions, throw some new monsters in it. That would be the most value to me.

gyor

Legend
Hmm, I don't watch Critical Role but I am pillaging all this.

It has 4 lvl 1 to 3 adventures that although set in Wildemount can be adapted elsewhere.
has 17 new creatures plus some NPCs (this creatures include Frost Giant Zombie as an example)
1 new race (hollow one)
2 new subraces (halfling and elf)
tons of reprinted races (genasi, asimar, goblinkin, orcs, tortle, aracockra, kenku) hope not forgetting one
Beautiful maps that were done by DevenRue that include area maps, and towns.
1 new subclass for fighter (echo Knight)
2 new subclasses for Wizard (School of Graviturgy and School of Chronurgy
2 new backgrounds
15 new spells plus the reprint of the shape water cantrip

That's all I Can think, for now, I know I can find more stuff to pillage.

Edit: the hardest to use elsewhere is probably the area maps, the gazetteer, and the adventures will require refluffing.

You forgot Tabaxi and Sea Elf reprints. Hollow One isn't a race, its a Supernatural Gift, like Mythic Odysessy's of Theros are going to have. Supernatural Gifts are very mechanically to races, so its an easy mistake to make. You can have both a race, subrace, and Supernatural Gift. So you could a Pallid Elf Hollow One for example.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
You forgot Tabaxi and Sea Elf reprints. Hollow One isn't a race, its a Supernatural Gift, like Mythic Odysessy's of Theros are going to have. Supernatural Gifts are very mechanically to races, so its an easy mistake to make. You can have both a race, subrace, and Supernatural Gift. So you could a Pallid Elf Hollow One for example.
Thanks for that !

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases