• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will be level 20. 3rd IR Aftermath!

What Level?

• Level 1

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Level 5

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Level 10

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Level 20

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Level 40

Votes: 9 33.3%

Janos Audron... wait... trying to remember where I heard that before...

Was it soul reaver 2? The vampire guy at the temple maybe? The one with the heart that could restore "unlife?"

Janos Audron

Explorer
Yeah, I guess that's him, but I was referring to Blood Omen, Legacy of Kain (the original game, and the only one I've played) where the Heart of Darkness has a description of: Reputed to have been ripped from the greatest vampire to have ever excisted, Janos Audron, the Heart of Darkness restores vampiric unlife. Life was precious, Janos discovered, as it was torn, throbbing and bleeding, from his own body"...or something like that. :) Make that greatest lich by the way ;)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Vague Acknowledgement- Decided to take 10 players if one more wants in.

Rules

Firearms
Standard DMG rules. With the exception modern weapons are priced as follows: (Futuristic weapons are quite difficult to acquire and usually require black market tradeing or Royal Dispensation and similar) ) (Rennaisance and Futuristic Weapons are Exotic)

Pistol, Automatic: 250 gp (Martial)
Pistol Ammo (20): 40 gp
Pistol, Revolver: 75 gp (Simple)
Rifle, Automatic: 900 gp (Martial)
Rifle Clip (30 Ammo): 50 gp
Rifle, Repeater : 400 gp (Simple)
Rifle Ammo (20) : 40 gp
Scattergun: 100 gp (Martial)
Scattergun, Shells : 20 gp
Grenade Launcer: 500 gp (Martial)
Dynamite: 75 gp
Grenade Fragmentation: 50 gp
Smoke: 25 gp

Psionics
Psionics are Different to Magic. However there are some variations from the book as follows:

* SR = PR
* Although Dispel Magic/Negate Psionics doesn't Dispel/Negate the other, A spell/power of EQUAL level (eg Dispel Psionics - 3rd Level Spell) works at full effect, no reduction in power is acquired.
* Most racial bonuses DO apply against psionics unless they are applied specifically to magic only and by my definition would not include psionics.
(Eg +2 Racial Bonus on saves vs Enchantment would apply to most Telepathy powers, +2 Racial Bonus on Spells may or may not depending on the race. If it mentions Spell-Like Abilities as being applicable it automatically affects psionics (eg Drow +2 Racial Bonus on will saves vs Spells and Spell-Like Abilities).

Festy_Dog

First Post
I rolled 17, 16, 16, 15, 15, 14

But i'm gonna use a wish (if it's ok with kal of course) to rearrange them to:

str 12
dex 18
con 18
int 18
wis 14
cha 12

Character's gonna be a true neutral hobgoblin duelist basically - 5 Fighter / 5 Rogue / 10 Duelist.

Gonna finish it up the details and post them here later.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
Kalanyr, I really suggest you disallow this. Really, what's the point of rolling stats when you can increase / decrease them to suit your needs?

If I need two Wishes, watch me have a 3 (dumped in con) and several other stats (dex) increased. Would that seem fair to you?

If you allow stats to be redistributed with Wish, watch The Forsaken One raise two of his scores to 18 too, and lose some points in Str...

I don't think you want this (I know I, at least, don't really want this...).

BTW: Post your characters in the "The IR Aftermath Campaign Characters" thread in Rogue Gallery...

Last edited:

Remove ads