Pathfinder 1E Will Paizo be the Good Guy? (humor)

Quickleaf

Legend
I say Paizo should buy WotC from Hasbro. With a kickstarter. Every D&D player pitches in $1. And the big happy (slightly dysfunctional) D&D family is put back together.

Joking aside...I play 4e and not Pathfinder, but in my gaming bookshelf Paizo has gotten about twice the money I've spent on 4th edition. Because the folks at Paizo are that awesome!

Gundark

Explorer
The desire to play a game entitled 'Dungeons & Dragons' has always appeared to be more important to a lot of people from what I've seen... than whatever the actual game is.
The fact that Pathfinder has been sucessful is evidence that a lot of players will jump onto the new shiney game, if its good.

Last edited:

Gundark

Explorer
Paizo will still be an awesome, customer-focused company with a working game system, some great adventure paths, and a stellar reputation. I think they'll be fine.
Yeah I agree, I think Paizo will be fine. They might take a bit of a hit, but overall they are far from being sunk by a sucessful 5e.

Gundark

Explorer
and FATE has this great personality, and is lots of fun. She's nice to look at, but I can't shake the feeling that she's a little weird. And I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how she sees the world .

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Paizo was the nerd that used to do the jock's homework (Dragon and Dungeon magazine) until the nerd graduated and fired him.

So the nerd went out and started his own company and it became immensely successful. Everyone from high school started inviting the nerd to their parties instead of the jock.

Now the jock wants to get people to like him again. People are listening because he once was the captain of the football team.

But he will need to have a pretty good party for people to abandon the nerd.

So, let's see. The game you play is like the relationship you are in... and pay money for. Which you will drop the minute something better comes along and go chasing after some other hussy game whose bloom hasn't yet wilted...

I am quite shocked at the brazen promiscuity so prevalent on this thread.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Personally, I speculate that WotC might have a super secret plan to release 5e as OGL, which means that Paizo can join the bandwagon, too, if they want.

I don't think they'll mess much with their formula now -- it is working, and as long as it is working, I think they'll keep it. But change is the only constant, and I think Paizo is smart enough not to put all their eggs in one basket. They could produce some 5e material, if they wanted to, and could even convert over, if it is a viable business decision. If not, they won't.

But I do think that WotC, having created the Pathfinder beast, won't want to repeat the same mistake. Their big tent D&D is, I hope, big enough for Paizo, too.

To take the analogy, I realize that I am not a monogamist. Nor am I a mono-game-ist. A demand of exclusivity is too much. I will play with anything that strikes my fancy, and the ones I continue to play with will realize that, and be happy to be a part of it.

And if you don't think that can work, I've got some Savage Love (not grandma safe...except for certain categories of particularly raunchy grandmas...) for you. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads