Will the end of Game of Thrones keep you away from House of Dragons?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'll be watching House of Dragons tonight (although in my head, I will call it "Game of Dragons" until I die).

My wife and I watched Game of Thrones from almost the beginning (I think we caught up about half a season in) and watched it all the way to the bitter end, which we both felt really suffered in the writing department, especially structurally. (You can't stay subtle with "this girl might actually be a brutal dictator, even if she's mostly been brutal to bad folks so far" as you approach the endgame and the final coronation scene needed a lot more work shopping.)

But I think the new series looks good and am willing to give at least the first episode a go. (And the reviews for it are pretty good, which helps.)

My wife will NOT be watching the new show and would like very much for me to be elsewhere in the house when I watch it.

How about you? If you felt burned by the end of GoT, is that keeping you away from HoD? (I will not be calling it "Hot D," no matter how many times GRRM refers to it that way. That feels needlessly horny, even for Westeros.)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Im curious about the new series. I will definitely catch the pilot and go from there. My expectations are not high, as with GoT when Martin's writing ran out the shows quality plummeted. Though, Imma give this an honest chance. You cant knock it until you rock it I always say.

Im curious about the new series. I will definitely catch the pilot and go from there. My expectations are not high, as with GoT when Martin's writing ran out the shows quality plummeted. Though, Imma give this an honest chance. You cant knock it until you rock it I always say.
These are different show runners and writers. I plan to watch it. I am sure it will be very good. I have yet to see a poorly written or produced show on HBO.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Game of Thrones, the TV show, is dead to me. There is only the Books-Before-Winds-of-Winter.

So I can watch HotD (which might appear in the show?) without remorse.

Mallus

Legend
I thought I wasn't interested in the prequel series. Turns out I was lying to myself because of course I am.

(I'm probably less disappointed in GoT's final season than most of the audience. Whatever mistakes were made, it ended with the same 'punch epic fantasy in the face' attitude that gave the story its energy, way back in the beginning)

Last edited:

Remove ads