Will the end of Game of Thrones keep you away from House of Dragons?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You mean if they actually had succession laws. They don't have male or female preference primogeniture or absolute primogeniture.
Alternately, they should all be forced to read King Lear in high school, so they can have drilled into their heads how being whimsical with this stuff -- especially when it's all about stoking your own ego -- is a recipe for disaster.

Zardnaar

Legend
Alternately, they should all be forced to read King Lear in high school, so they can have drilled into their heads how being whimsical with this stuff -- especially when it's all about stoking your own ego -- is a recipe for disaster.

Heh well it's based on real life. War of the Roses for the original stuff. Hundred Years war.

It's how we ended up with formal succession laws. Male primogeniture was done to stop people pushing claims through their mothers line which happened because the King of England thought claiming French throne (via his mother) was a good idea.

Also see the Romans who didn't have formal succession laws.

In CK2 terms they seem to use elective monarchy. The king nominates an heir the nobles vote on it.

Vael

Legend
It wasn't just the ending, but just the whole deal around GoT that has me uninterested in HoD. I'm in a wait and see mode, if there's enough positive buzz from friends and people I respect, I might give it a go.

I’ll give it a go once there’s enough to binge on comfortably. Well, unless it’s one of those series that gets a ton of viewers at first and then they all abandoned ship because it turned out to absolutely blow chunks.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I’ll give it a go once there’s enough to binge on comfortably. Well, unless it’s one of those series that gets a ton of viewers at first and then they all abandoned ship because it turned out to absolutely blow chunks.
I'd argue it's improving from week to week, but only from about a C+ to a B currently. YMMV.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases