D&D 5E Will you buy the new Gift Set with Monsters of the Multiverse?

Will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • Separate Monsters book in May

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Digital Monsters book (DDB/FG/Roll20 etc) in May

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 6 4.5%

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Not buying the combined gift set, (voted other) but have Xanathar's and Tasha's. Not really a monster book buyer, I mostly use pre-published adventures so if I need it. I will pick it up then as a FG add on.

If the bundle will be available in german I might get it. Tasha is not available in german right now. I obviously don't have Mordenkainen's and I know who I can give my spare copy of xanathar.

Right now I do dndbeyond in english + books in german, so I can inherit them to my son when he gets a bit older.

Voadam

Legend
No.

I own Volo's, Xanathar's, and Tasha's. I am interested in Mordenkainen's, but not enough to have gotten it yet.

If the monster book is just statblocks from the two prior monster and monster lore books all in one that would be useful at the table, but eh.

pukunui

Legend
I voted no before but the temptation is growing for some reason. I may just succumb and get it and then give away my existing copies of Tasha’s and Xanathar’s.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Already own all four so there's no need for me to buy. And I already futz with racial features for players when we start new campaigns, so the 33 new versions of them aren't necessary for me to have either. No biggie, the gift set just wasn't made for someone like me.

teitan

Legend
I already have the material and with the revision coming in 2024 and the amount of small iterative changes with every book I don't see a benefit in it unless these are finalized changes reflecting what revised 5e will look like in the Monster Manual and race presentation. If it winds up being so then I might get Mordenkainen THEN but I like my Tome of Foes and Volo's Guide lore and don't foresee converting to the revised edition unless my players really insist.

pukunui

Legend
I voted no before but the temptation is growing for some reason. I may just succumb and get it and then give away my existing copies of Tasha’s and Xanathar’s.
Yep. I succumbed. Ordered it from Amazon. Sigh ...

EDIT: I've changed my vote to both "yes" and "digital" - I'll undoubtedly purchase it on DDB as well so my players can make use of the new versions of the playable races and I can use the new statblocks where and when I want to use them. (I'm still not 100% sure about the new spellcasting stat format but I expect once I see it in play, I'll get used to it.)

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Tell us, what if anything is going on with Fey eladrin?
Uh, I only just ordered it online. I haven't got it in my hands yet. My understanding from the leaks, though, is that the playable eladrin are still humanoids, not fey. Or were you referring to the eladrin "monsters" that were originally in Tome of Foes? If the latter, I have no idea as I haven't got the book yet.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
It's down to $101.97 on Prime. My son has all four original books, but I don't have any of them. Not sure I needed them, but I pulled the trigger.

Remove ads