D&D 5E Will you buy the new Gift Set with Monsters of the Multiverse?

Will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • Separate Monsters book in May

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Digital Monsters book (DDB/FG/Roll20 etc) in May

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 6 4.5%

Oofta

Legend
I voted no, but leaned towards "other" because there's a possibility that I'd buy it if the changes are significant enough to buy the separate monster book. But it's probably "no".

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Voted "Separate."
Not interested in the gift box, I'll likely just get the monster book later on.
I've got Tasha's and Xan's, but neither Volo's nor Mord's, so the MotM alone is exactly what i need.

I voted no, as I already own the books they originally appeared, but hope WOTC doesnt take any potential sales slump to mean people aren't interested in a NEW monster book or one focused on just monsters. I'd much prefer a MM 2 over the mixed content books we've seen.

With this group, I assume most of us fall into two categories:

1. Already have Volo's and Mord's, so the gift set is a waste.
2. Already decided not buy Volo's or Mord's because it's not the kind of content we want, so the gift set is a waste.

It's actually interesting how many would/will buy the book separately. For me I didn't want Volo's r Mord's because I don't want to buy lore (I can do that myself) but this book has a lot of player options which is useful to me as a player and dm. But only to a point - I picked up Tasha's only this month and so haven't used any of that, and my dm's are really open to homebrew and UA races so I don't need to buy anything to access more races.

Remove ads