D&D 5E Will you buy the new Gift Set with Monsters of the Multiverse?

Will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • Separate Monsters book in May

Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Digital Monsters book (DDB/FG/Roll20 etc) in May

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 6 4.5%

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Voted May. I have Xanathar's/Tasha's, but a book that's predominantly crunch is much easier to use than the half lore/half crunch of Volo's/Mordenkainen's.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
There's a very high probability that someone in our gaming group - most likely me! - will buy it when it's available on D&D Beyond, but it's also very likely that at least one of us will buy the standalone book, too.

Stormonu

Legend
I already have the originals, and not interested in the changes.

If they'd put out a book with monsters that haven't been published yet for 5E - especially if they were from 1E/2E/3E - I'd be ready to snap that up.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Looks like I agree with a lot of folks here.

Like @Maxperson said, I might buy the new monsters book--physical or digital--in May if I like what I see in it. Because like @Parmandur said, I already have Volo's and Mordenkainen's (and Wildemount, and Eberron, and...). and like @jmartkdr2 and @Ruin Explorer, I don't really care about "gift sets."

And slightly off-topic, I'm not terribly excited about a 2024 product release. I appreciate the hype but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm a bit...lest I believe one rumor too many, build it up too much in my mind, and end up disappointed. I mean, we've heard this song before.

aco175

Legend
I do not have the other two books and only thumbed through them some at the store. The new book- I'm sure that we will have dozens of threads picking at the changes to see if they are worth it and I can wait until May to decide. I will likely just wait until the 2024 updates though.

Remove ads