Wind Effects Table

NeonWolf

First Post
I was toying with the idea of making a Reverse Missiles spell. Primarily for physical objects at first. I thought I'd use Infuse Object with Wind and then use a wind side effect to buffet the arrows away. Yes, I know that I most likely wouldn't have control But it was a starting point. It was then I found that I can't find the "wind effects table" anywhere. All of the elemental side effect to do with wind refer to it. But I can't find it anywhere. Is it there?

Any comments on how to do Reverse Missiles?

G.A. Donis

First Post
I think this is referring to the Wind Effects table in the DMG. It is on page 87. According to the table Stong winds (21-30 mph) give a -2 to hit. Severe winds (31-50 mph) give -4 and anything above is impossible for ranged weapons.

NeonWolf

First Post
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the table. I suspect I may have to go back to the drawing board for my Reverse Missiles.

Dave Blewer

First Post
A 3rd level Wall of Air spell will create a Wall of Windstorm which makes ranged attacks impossible and even siege weapons suffer a -4 attack.

4th level Abjure Air allows you to stand in the midst of that Windstorm and fire arrows at your enemies without any penalty

:)

Remove ads