Wise as a sack full of hammers.

mlund

First Post
My player didn't have as much fun with the Priest of Moradin character. With two spells in a day he did most of his business with the warhammer. Unfortunately, he was swinging with his strength modifier. A buff spell helped but that was limited duration and ate up a precious spell slot.

Speaking of spell slots, that was the funny part. None of the spells he was using benefitted from his Wisdom score modifier. He induced no saving throws, made no to hit rolls with spells. Effectively he could permanently get the same benefit as his buff spell by just swapping Wisdom and Strength scores. He got no HP, AC, attacks, damage, or other benefits from Wisdom at all. I know he needs it to diversify into some other spells, but it could've just been used as a dump stat for the first level play test.

Sure, the other levels add some Wisdom modifier love, but I have to wonder whether 18 Str and 10 Wis makes a better cleric of Moradin ...

- Marty Lund

Last edited:

The pelor cleric is a much stronger option, sadly. He uses (although doesn't appear proficient in and his calculated hit and damage are wrong as a finesse wep) the quarter staff and has access to the laser death ray that is searing light. Hell also get the 2nd level 'sun burst as good as fireball' spell at third too. And his healing rocks.

Remove ads